Dublin OW lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

Have just returned after my US trip, thanks for all the suggestions! I will try to get time to post some reviews in the coming days 8 flights, 6 hotels and about 1800 miles driven!
    My return was LAS- CLT-DUB-BHX, the first 3 in business/first on AA and the last was an economy only flight in one of Aer Lingus’s Lancaster’s. We had about a 3-hour layover in DUB and we tried to use the lounge. Our tickets were showing sold as BA flight xxxx, but the flight was operated by Stobart air on behalf of Lingus. The lounge BA use refused us entry as we were flying on Lingus (I am BA gold) Lingus refused us entry as our flight was regional only and they said this is not a OW lounge but we could pay 25 Euro each…which I declined
    Nothing I can do about it now but for future ref is that correct? Should I have been able to get into one of the lounges?

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

I’m just booking a similar trip with connections ABZ/DUB/ABZ on EI too and know there are issues with lounge access being BA Gold.
    I had just assumed I didn’t get it so will probably use Priority Pass. I just caught the end of an ex-DUB sale yesterday thankfully so got a great price for my cruise ex-Florida in December. Looking forward to your reviews!

FrDougal
    Participant

Unfortunately they are right.

Aer Lingus are not yet OW and they seem adamant to stay that way. They will only allow BA SILV/GOLD into their lounge if you’re ticketed on a EI LHR/LGW service.

But here’s the really annoying thing, if you’re booked a DUB-LGW-DUB ticket (even if it’s sold as BAXXXX) EI will allow you access as a GOLD/SILV in DUB but neither BA nor EIs contracted lounge (The Number One Club Rooms) will permit access which just seems ridiculously inconsistent. Iv complained to BA but just for the standard rubbish reply.

stevescoots
    Participant

Thanks for the details, so essentially OW lounges do not exist in DUB. Lingus use their own lounge which is for J passengers only and not for any other carrier. BA use the rubbish lounge upstairs from security. I assume QR use the same. What about AA who are they using? do they have one after the US immigration point?

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Hi Steve, I believe re:AA you can use 51st & Green, after US pre-clearance.
    I’d always clear immigration then use a lounge, rather than the other way around.

pat0406
    Participant

Yes it is true that there is a 25 Euro charge for anyone flying Aer Lingus, to use the Gold Circle/Aer Club Lounge, no matter if its International, Trans Atlantic or Regional. It states specifically at reception, that all BA Gold/Silver card holders are welcome when flying an Aer Lingus flight segment or on a BA codeshare ticket. Stobart Air is contracted by Aer Lingus to fly all regional and domestic routes for the airline, and if one can pay to use their Aer Club lounge, surely the Gold/Silver BA card holders flying Aer Lingus Regional, should be allowed Lounge usage as stated at Lounge reception?

DavidRenton
    Participant

I used to frequent the lounge as an EI top tier elite on EI regionals. I frequently witnessed BA card holders being refused entry as it’s an EI lounge for premier cabin and EI cardholders. The PP lounges at the airport are fairly basic.
    Although the EI lounge wouldn’t be worth paying 25 EUR for, the staff are always friendly, and there’s power sockets dotted around.

RonaldoJ21
    Participant

Easy way to deal with this. Stop flying aer lingus! I now use Ryanair from Edinburgh. Cheaper, much faster and no hassle. No admission for Gold Card holders means that they don’t want your business

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls