Dublin airport lounge advice

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

Making a short visit to Dublin and as not been in a long time am unfamiliar with the lounge options at the airport.

So would therefore seek advice from those who know which options are best for someone flying BA and who is Gold/Oneworld Emerald.

Given BA and Aer Lingus are in the same group – IAG (as opposed to Oneworld), does that enable me to use their lounge?

Your thoughts and insight would be much appreciated.

PatJordan
    Participant

As far as I can remember BA & One World higher tier members were allowed access to the Aer Lingus Lounge in Dublin. I’m not sure if this applied to economy tickets.

The Aer Lingus website isn’t too clear on this: “If you’re then connecting with one of our partners, you can also access their lounge facilities by requesting an invitation at their check-in desk.”

Worst case scenario, the Dublin Airport Authority operate lounges in both terminals (30euro).

Hope this helps.

1 user thanked author for this post.

GrahamC
    Participant

You should have access to the T1 Lounge or the East Lounge in T1. You won’t be able to access 51st & Green as it’s after US pre-clearance.

You’ll find a selection of sandwiches/wraps and hot soup/rolls and a full bar. Nothing amazing but comfortable enough. The T1 Lounge is slightly closer to the usual BA gates, straight after T1 security.

MarkCymru
    Participant

BA operates from Terminal 1 and, as I recall, you get access to the terminal 1 lounge (immediately upstairs after T1 security). It’s crowded and a bit gruesome, although the food selection is decent. T1 is the old Terminal and you’ll definitely feel it (on the plus side, there’s lots more shopping in T1 than T2 because Ryanair uses T1). I don’t think you’ll have access to the Aer Lingus lounge, which is in the tunnel between T1 and T2 and significantly nicer and more tranquil — EI is not part of One World and it’s pretty poorly integrated into IAG. For example, a BA flight to London leaves 15 minutes after an EI one. Concierge status on EI gets you no benefits on BA and BA Gold gets you none on EI. It’s odd, but remember that IAG only bought EI to remove the threat of trans-Atlantic competition on price. They since appear to have lost interest

Joseph
    Participant

As an Exec Club Gold who has used Dublin a lot lately I can categorically confirm that you won’t get into the Aer Lingus lounge, I’ve tried. You need to use the generic Lounge previously mentioned which is immediately to your right as you come through security.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

A BA Gold flying on BA can only access the third party lounge after security in T1.
    A BA Gold flying on EI can access the EI lounge BUT ONLY if going to LHR, no other destinations seem to allow this. I got in this way about 2 weeks ago.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Many thanks to all your advice and contributions.

I was there the other night and confusingly the BA website, which takes you to the Oneworld website for lounge info and locations etc, listed the “Dublin Airport Executive Lounge” as opposed to the “Terminal 1 lounge”!

Bit of a slip up from the Oneworld website who you would think list the name correctly.

Anyway found the “Terminal 1” lounge OK and although there were no hot meal options (needed after a cold and very wet Dublin) or runway views the staff were very pleasant and attentive and a hot soup was fine with a reasonable spread of other food and drinks.

On a separate note flights were on the Embraers from LCY and I do like these aircraft.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls