Dreamflight’s 25th Annual Orlando Trip

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Dreamflight is a charity I have supported for a number of years.

Since 1987, nearly 4,000 children with varying challenges have been offered an opportunity to enjoy a trip of a lifetime to Walt Disney World, Florida, making new friends and allowing their parents and carers vital respite from the often 24/7 demands of caring for an unwell child.

This year, costs continue to rise and the challenge of reaching the fundraising target is even more difficult against the current economic backdrop.

If you feel you might be able to support the charity in any way, or are simply interested in learning about the work being done, you can read more at http://www.dreamflight.org

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I thought that Dreamflight had an association with an airline and that airmiles could also be donated or am I confusing this fabulous charity with another.

You might be interested that some of the children stay at Give Kids the World in Orlando http://www.gktw.org which is a holiday camp created and designed for terminally ill children.

In parallel to VintageKrug’s appeal, may I ask that if any holiday maker or second home owner has any clothes, toys, computers, lap tops etc, in the Orlando area, to consider donating these items, in parallel with any monetary donation to Dreamflight.

Please can you clarify the airmiles position Vintage Krug.

toonfan62
    Participant

As an exiled Geordie living near Orlando I have to say GKTW is an exceptional place and the smiling faces every week are priceless. My Wife and I are proud to be “angels” – the village survives on 1500 unpaid volunteer shifts a week! We have also donated many air miles to the Wish cause – all on domestic US airlines through the airline FF site. I’d encourage anyone on a trip to Orlando, business or pleasure, to donate either FF miles, or better still their time via “volontourism” (on the GKTW web site).

Either way, a wonderful topic and anything anyone can do to give back and help would bring smiles to little faces. Orlando is a wonderful place and these kids deserve to experience it!

Binman62
    Participant

Wonderful charity ndoing fantastic work.

Perhaps each of the names on the Sunday times rich list could be approached given the fabulous increase in their personal fortunes in the last 12 months.

Afterall “we are all in this together”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls