Dragonair A321-200 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I took this service from Yangon to Hong Kong, prior to a long-haul back to Europe. As the flight departed at 01.10, I had dinner with friends in the city before taking a taxi to the airport, arriving just as check-in opened. Two orderly queues, premium and economy, had formed but, dspite this, a couple of men thought a third queue worth trying, presumably in the hope of getting ahead of the rest of us. The check-in staff (from Myanmar International) were superb in politely ignoring this extra queue despite their increasingly desperate attempts to get served – one of the funniest comedy sketches I have seen in a while!!

My bag was checked through to Glasgow, tagged Priority and I received my three boarding passes plus lounge invitations for Yangon and Hong Kong. All in all, very efficient and, even though I was about 6th in line, the comedians still had not been served when I left. The Immigration queue took about 10 minutes to navigate and I went through to the third party lounge, operated by Myanmar International which has little to commend it but is better than the general concourse.

The flight boarded on time and, although called by seat row and class, there were no checks so it was pretty much a free-for-all. I was in the fourth row of economy and, because of the time of night, found the seats quite uncomfortable – limited legroom and a recliinng system that could not be graduated – all or nothing, or so it seemed.

Service after take-off was quick – a box of snacks, I think, as my dinner in Yangon sufficed. I tried to get a bit of sleep but to limited avail. We arrived in HK on time and deplaned into the main terminal, which was a relief, rather than the remote satellite.

A perfectly fine short-haul (2’40”) flight but brutal timing, maybe because of transfer rather than point-to-point business? Looks as if I will heading for Yangon quite often in the future and will probably avoid this routing for that reason – better oneworld options will probably be BA via BKK (even with the changed schedule) or MH via KUL.

JKL
    Participant

Hi Tom,

In case it’s of use for your future flights, re your final paragraph – I found MH economy to be superb on the LHR-KUL route (on the A380). Comfortable seat, wide, plenty of legroom, good recline, good food by economy standards, and friendly service. And they regularly have sale fares, albeit to seemingly random destinations (e.g. Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh and Manilla are all £509 at the moment for flights up to Dec 10th, book by Nov 24th – although there’ll probably be another sale along a few minutes later 😉 Worth keeping an eye on the Deals of the Day section of their web site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls