Downgraded in an intercontinental flight of Iberia

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

lemsbogota
    Participant

I was travelling in business class from Madrid to Bogota two days ago. My family (wife and two children) was travelling with me. Iberia gave me a confirmed seat but at the gate, literally when I was entering the plane, they told me that the flight was overbooked and I had to travel in economy. We were travelling in a A340-600.
    They did not give me any alternative (endorsing the ticket to another company or travelling the following day).
    The ground staff was very rude with both me and my family.
    We were shocked that this kind of practices were possible and that Iberia could act in such a way almost in full impunity.
    Does any one has experienced a downgrade?

SimonS1
    Participant

Don’t forget to claim EU261 compensation for involuntary downgrade.

JasmineBear
    Participant

@lemsbogota

I’ll be doing the same route next week…. You have me worried now! Will update on my experience.

StephenLondon
    Participant

@lemsbogota, could you clarify if the whole of your party were travelling in business class and were downgraded, or were you travelling solo in business with your family in economy? Do you hold oneworld status? Seems a cowardly way to handle a customer.

transtraxman
    Participant

My son and his wife flew Madrid-Bogota on 1st Aug. It was full but no problems.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls