Double charged on a British Airways holiday

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=868648]

Concerning the currency issue with BA, if you are registered in the UK as a BAEC member then BA will always invoice in GBP, natural really.

Er, no. For flights starting in AMS, they invoice in euros. The the salient point is that the fare is quoted in euros, but they simply took 1,940 euros and asked for a payment of 1.940 pounds.

Hi TOH, are you a UK BAEC member, or elsewhere?[/quote]

Yes. Gold.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=868832]

Concerning the currency issue with BA, if you are registered in the UK as a BAEC member then BA will always invoice in GBP, natural really.

Er, no. For flights starting in AMS, they invoice in euros. The the salient point is that the fare is quoted in euros, but they simply took 1,940 euros and asked for a payment of 1.940 pounds.

Hi TOH, are you a UK BAEC member, or elsewhere?

Yes. Gold.[/quote]

Hi ToH. As I mentioned, I asked because I believe that BA prices are in the currency of Country where you are registered. I also am Gold, registered in Portugal. Yesterday I bought tickets from LHR to LIS and the price was in Euros, not GBP. At the final payment stage there was a reminder that I will be charged in Euros, before the Accept box.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

No. If you start in AMS, you really invoiced in euros. At least, I always have been.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls