Double Avios at the BA estore

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’ve noticed several of the shopping partner sites upping their game in advance of Christmas.

The BA estore is a good way of gaining extra avios towards whatever redemption target you have in mind for next year, particularly as business travel tails off prior to Christmas.

There is currently a double avios promotion, with many retailers offering up to 8 avios per £1 spent until December 14th (12 avios per £1 if you purchase from http://www.ancestry.co.uk).

So if you’re shopping at these shops anyway, it’s a good idea to click through the estore link to maximise your benefits at places like Fortnum’s, Apple Stores, Selfridges and The White Company:

https://www.shopping.ba.com/

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

I noticed this too but was unclear if the rates shown for the retailers were the standard rates which you would double if they had the ‘X2’ logo or if the rates shown were inclusive of the double rate.

BA744fan
    Participant

This is a regular promotion. The last one only ended on 31st October. Well worth keeping an eye on to boost Avios mileage points.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Just snagged quite a deal on a new Miele fridge from John Lewis!

Double the usual 2 avios per £1 spent until 14 December.

openfly
    Participant

I spotted this deal at John Lewis and ordered my fridge-freezer. The trouble started the moment I pushed the buy button last week. If you need the old one collected then you have to make it a separate deal, so two waits for delivery. The John Lewis.com staff had never heard of BA eStore. They promise delivery in three working days on their website…no way could they do it. I ended up using the CEOs office to sort it all out. After emailing <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] it did all come together. They noted that I had been given the runaround badly and credited me with a goodwill refund of £35. This was acceptable but would rather have had the appliance delivered without all the aggravation.

Good luck.

1nfrequent
    Participant

I used this promotion to good effect this year. Selfridges were doing 16 points per £ so pretty much everyone I know is getting perfume this year!

1F

excessbaggage
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up on this – just bought a new laptop from PC World / Currys through the estore, and gained double Avios, plus additional Bmi miles (which i’ll then transfer into Avios through the Combine my Avios link) by paying with my Bmi Amex card.

Anyone know how long the Bmi Amex agreement is likely to last – i’m guessing it is probably not long for this world…

sparkyflier
    Participant

Thanks VK for the heads up on this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls