Don’t call me Darling

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)

• Anonymous

Tim2soza
    Participant

Male air steward sues British Airways because colleague called him darling – click here to read the article.

Papillion53
    Participant

if you read the full article, sensibility reigned in the pre-court hearing that day – thrown out before it even got to tribunal!

RichHI1
    Participant

You mean BA has some camp Flight Attendants, goodness me! Whatever next? Or did he complain that a female flight attendant did this? Sorry being assumptive there!

Bill_Hants
    Participant

I always thought it was : Don’t call me Shirley.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Papillion53
    Participant

RichHI1 – he complained that a female cc asked him to “collect some dirty glasses please darling” – he claimed it was against/insulted his religion.

And there was a bit more – again “religion” related.

RichHI1
    Participant

Oh please…

Papillion53
    Participant

Quite darling!

1 user thanked author for this post.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Oh dear, where was he coming from? To revive a popular saying, political correctness gone mad! At least the judge had the sense to throw it out.

RichHI1
    Participant

I have been called Darling by stewardesses in first on BA becore now and if I had a nickel for every time I have been called Honey on AA I would never need to work again. Read the report, I think there are some disturbing facts there. Maybe we will all start reading name tags… I wonder if Alastair would take offense?

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

I tend to hear Darling and Honey from the older gen, I kind of like it:)

The Male air steward should get a life, but it also might have to do with Gay men using Darling a lot like O Darling tend to get from Gay colleague’s in the work place.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Shame on Mr Williams and its a pity that Mr Williams was not saddled with court costs.

Up north, terms of endearment such as “love” “duck” “darling” are often used and anyone taking offence, needs a reality check on life.

Would it not have been far easier for Mr Williams to have asked the person in question to kindly refrain from using that term.

Plain daft!

HonestCrew
    Participant

This steward has always been overly touchy about his name. I once abbreviated his name and he pulled me to one side and said he only wants to be called “Rothstein”. So I naturally called him Roffy for the rest of the flight. Didn’t realise I was so close to being dragged to court.

(Not sure if this post leaves me liable for anything, I might delete it if it does.)

flier74
    Participant

God what has this world come to in this suing culture? Crew always call themselves “Darling” I have heard it so often onboard and makes me think, that Crew get on well, which is always nice and ancadded bonus. But dragging the employer to Court over this? Oh well, say no more. Has anyone got a link to this article? Or at least give me the newssite? i need to read this, clearly……
    Thanks

Papillion53
    Participant

ChrisBuda82 @ 22:34GMT – Good morning Darling! 😉 🙂

Good Morning MartynSinclair – good to have you back, Darling (just in case you felt left out) 🙂

One of the best CC teams we had in CW going to Mauritius a few years back was led by a gay CSD, and his partner was looking after us – well as you can imagine we had the best service and there were lots of “darlings” from both sides – working in the PR/hotel industry does that to you as well darling! But even as a, mmmm, shall we say an older gal, I really dont mind beng called darling by the girls as well – it doesn’t mean anything, it’s just what some of we older gals do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls