Don't be shocked but I'm a satisfied BA customer

Back to Forum

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  manxman123 22 Dec 2018
at 09:58

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi,
    As those of you who know me will be aware, I rarely fly BA, largely because LH, SK and LX serve BHX and give me good connections (most of the time). I therefore have no view on the pro/anti BA camps that sometimes manifest themselves on here.
    However, I’ve just come back tonight (well, technically last night) from an LHR-WAW-LHR trip on BA in Club Europe and, frankly, I was delighted.
    Pros:
    1. Excellent F&B offer (lunchtime) in the Terraces Lounge at T5 (the South one ~I think – the one you don’t have to go up about 14 escalators to get to).
    2. Hot towels and menus.
    3. Being called by my name (and I’m Finnair Plus, not BAEC).
    4. A choice of three main courses (two hot), with a total of 4 courses on a 2.5 hours flight.
    5. The Airshow (I use OU quite a lot and I don’t think they use it to save money!)
    6. There was a bus tonight from T5-C to the main T5 terminal. Straight through passport (e-gates) and my bags were already on the carousel when I got to arrivals. Probably the fastest transfer I’ve had at LHR in ages (I do tend to use LHR for AY and as well as BHX for LH and SK).
    Cons:
    The usual:
    1. Having to pay a lot to reserve a seat.
    2. The seat pitch (fluked 1F on the way out but 2F back tonight).
    All in all I enjoyed it.
    Safe and enjoyable travels,
    Simon

Henryp1
    Participant

I find Club Europe ok for a couple of hours as long as seated in row 1, the catering has certainly improved, overall I’m happy with the product. But as always the cabin crew either make or break the journey. Since the introduction on domestic routes, it’s a far more pleasant way to travel. But the Qantas domestic service is far better even on short hops.

Pleased you had a nice nice journey and experience.

1 user thanked author for this post.

SenatorGold
    Participant

I hadn’t realised that Warsaw flights had returned to Terminal 5 from 3.

rferguson
    Participant

I hadn’t realised that Warsaw flights had returned to Terminal 5 from 3.

Such a pity. No more CX lounge 🙁

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Yes – they moved to T5 about a month ago, apparently.

SenatorGold
    Participant

You are right – the CX First lounge is wonderful. Better than the Qantas lounge, at least in the evening.

SenatorGold
    Participant

I’m glad (as a former Warsaw resident) that BA regards Warsaw as a good market. Ten years ago they transferred services to LGW which was a great disappointment to Warsaw BA staff but it lasted only six months.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Dear Simon, although I am not a BA fan, I will say that it is wonderful to see a positive post on here – we all tend to throw brickbats rather than bouquets, so it is refreshing to see a thread kicked off with a good review. May all your future journeys be as good! Thank you for the post 🙂

SwissExPat
    Participant

I have been a BAEC Silver or Gold for the last 10 years and have also sampled Y,Y+,J and F cabins in LH/LX/EK. In the main I find BA to be generally decent enough in most aspects of Service but not quit at the level of LH/LX. (especially now in the Buy on Board era). Their BAEC and Avios I find to be substantiall better and retaining membership levels easier and less costly than LX/LH.

I’ve not had any problems with Service Recoveries (e261 claims or other Ex Gratia). As an example, I was on a first flight out of Europe (0700 departure to LHR) recently in CE with BA and there was no Hot Water on board (some tech issue) haence no Teas/coffees or hot towel service. I filled in an online complaint and was offered 10,000 avios or GBP100 wihin a few days.

So is is not all bad with BA! Being generally ex-Europe, I find the fares (in premium cabins) to be very competitive and accrual of Avios/tier points easier. However, I’m not sure I’d be so pleased if paying the fares applicable to the UK domestic market.

KennyK14
    Participant

The problem is that BA is completely hit and miss.
    I flew CE EDI-LHR last weekend. Lounge staff were lovely, but the purser was what I call ‘typical BA rude’ – no sense of customer service, and all about her; god forbid that anyone interrupts her snack, or catches her stuffing goodies into her carry on bag.
    Flying back from LCY the same day, the crew was as friendly and helpful as they could be.
    Unfortunately, poor service sticks in the memory far longer than good service.

manxman123
    Participant

My gripe is that there is no way to get an explanation as to why BA sometimes disallow Avios and Tier Points on partner airlines. Still waiting for a response from points claimed from a Latam flight in November! No reply to my letters! Do other people have the same problem??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller UK March 2019 edition
Business Traveller UK March 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls