Doing Something Banned on a Flight – A Confession

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ll not say when this happened or on which airline in case I get arrested or banned from flying, and I’m still not sure what made me do it, but-

I was in First in a suite with the doors closed. Late at night and unusually for me I was sipping an excellent Port and an equally delicious Sauternes. Again unusually for me I was watching a good movie. Curled up and comfortable in my seat, suite door closed, during an exceptionally smooth flight I rummaged in my bag for a charging cable, saw my small cigar tin and without thinking took it out with my lighter. Moaned to myself there was only one left and proceeded to light it!!!

I still can’t believe this but I took a sip of Port and another puff when we hit a small bit of turbulence and in my reverie I suddenly realised where I was. Shocked and horrified I committed such a cardinal sin I put it back in the tin and was waiting for a reprimand or worse – but none there came and I got away with it. I was just so relaxed with that feeling of being at home I’d forgotten where I was and I just did what I would do at home.

Has anyone else done something they shouldn’t have done on an airplane and got away (or been caught) with it? And what might have happened to me?

GivingupBA
    Participant

A very good confession! But I wonder if the staff knew you’d lit up but decided to let it pass….

Sadly I have no confession – I’d be terrified of teams of air marshals galloping round the corner and pinning me to the floor in handcuffs!

stevescoots
    Participant

have had a sneaky puff on an E-Cig under my blanket before, just once. I neither use those smelly ones or the ones that put out more vapour than Draz power station so it was easy to not be seen

MrMichael
    Participant

I too have used my electronic ciggy, it looks like a phone and by exhaling slowly I have never been rumbled. I use my butterscotch flavour on the flight and usually have a bag of Werthers on my lap. I will continue to do so too…..

canucklad
    Participant

Not sure if it’s officially banned, but LH’s A340 middle cabin toilets are located discreetly downstairs : )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls