Doha transfer experience – April 22

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Has DOHA become a security screening free transfer zone? Last night, arriving from BKK and onward to LHR did not include any transfer security screening. Off the aircraft, along the jetway and directed straight into the departure area. Both transfers in December 21 did have security screening for transferring passengers.

The outbound flight via Helsinki also had no security screening for transferring passengers (but there again I don’t think they ever did).

Are other airports removing security screening for transferring passengers?

(My ‘love affair’ with QATAR continues. 2 more very enjoyable sectors, even with, 1 of the sectors using their dated business seats).

3 users thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

My outbound a month ago from LHR had no screening at DOH. My return from SGN last night (14th) had screening.

1 user thanked author for this post.

TominScotland
    Participant

I flew through AMS recently, intra-Europe, recently. Screening has been removed for the Schengen/ non-Schengen areas although, obviously, passport control remains. Not sure about long-haul transfers where the screening used to be upstairs. Terminal to terminal screening remains at Heathrow, even though the T3 screening area (coming from T5) was really quiet yesterday when I got there for my Oslo flight.

esselle
    Participant

I used to travel through HIA a lot, and found there was no obvious logic around transfer security screening. It may be a function of which concourse you arrive into though, or in may simply be the notion of “randomness” acting as part of a security strategy.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

Going back several years, some flights have been screened, others haven’t. This may simply be random but, arriving from the UK I haven’t been screened, while arriving from certain developing countries I have.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Paris CDG has had no screening for Schengen – Schengen flights at Terminal 2, Hall F, for quite some time, makes for a very speedy transfer between Air France flights.

InfrequentFlyer
    Participant

I flew through and back again a couple of weeks ago. Through transfer security on way out, nothing on way back. Everytime I go through its pot luck. I even tried to ask security about it but even they were not sure. Seems completely random or just depends on what pier you arrive which is rather silly.

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1209717]I flew through and back again a couple of weeks ago. Through transfer security on way out, nothing on way back. Everytime I go through its pot luck. I even tried to ask security about it but even they were not sure. Seems completely random or just depends on what pier you arrive which is rather silly.[/quote]

Where did you “fly through”? Paris, Doha or somewhere else?

christ
    Participant

I know all love Qatar but i found transferring from Warsaw to HK via Doha was a the longest bus journey i have had anywhere (quiet bus for business). However, we had security at transit and there was zero queue and very friendly. I was not at all impressed with Doha lounge v BA in T5 (i would find glasgow as a lounge far more enjoyable as friendly). Go to business centre – cannot even take a water and staff rude.

SimonS1
    Participant

I’ve never understood the need to be re-screened, as you are already in a secure area.

The only exception would be if there were doubts that the original screen was not done properly in which case there would be more fundamental issues to think about….

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1209879]

Not sure. AFAIK DXB has 100% transit screening.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1209917]

So does Dubai. However I don’t see why if the inward passengers are already screened and in a sterile area.

Giuseppe
    Participant

I arrived from Frankfurt on March 6th, in transit to Muscat, no screening. I arrived from Rome on March 27th, transiting to Dubai, screening.

InfrequentFlyer
    Participant

The topic airport – Doha !

InfrequentFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=1210208]Where did you “fly through”? Paris, Doha or somewhere else?[/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls