Doha International – chaotic ground ops

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

GMAN783
    Participant

Have just completed my first trip with Qatar airways to Ho CHi Minh city. I cannot fault the service on board, however the chaotic ground operations at Doha International are severely impacting their service centres. On both connecting flights I spent almost 30 mins on a bus journey from the aircraft to the premium terminal, within 10 minutes I was back on a bus an retracing my route (another 30 mins) to catch my connection. On my return the pure fact that the bus transfer took so long (55 mins spent on a bus in total) i missed my connecting flight, so was rebooked, but inevitably they have lost my luggage.. If you have luggage or a connecting flight with anything less than a 1.5hour transfer time – avoid the Doha International and Qatar… If passengers take almost an hour to complete a transfer then imagine how long a lonely suitcase takes!

samuel95
    Participant

That’s no surprise since DOH doesn’t have jetbridges (!)

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

A great travel experience starts with effortless check-in to sufficiently pampered in the cabin PLUS the stress-free arrival formalities. In essense seamless door-to-door experience.

The Gulf airports are not suited for travelling between Europe and Asia because of the disruptive half-way bumping down and the annoying airport bussing kills the mood! A Gulf stop for EU to Austrasia travel is fine.

Happy coach cruising!

VintageKrug
    Participant

The Premium Terminal is great, but getting there can be a trial.

Before it opened I once witnessed someone trying to take a wheelbarrow as checked luggage; every surface was cleverly disguised with masking tape, however few of us were fooled.

It still very much resembled a wheelbarrow.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Looks like Indiana Jones getting to El Dorado!

DNAdams
    Participant

Agree that the premium terminal is good, however on my last visit in December it was standing room only and food looked like a plague of locusts had been. There was also a ridiculously long queue for the loos. I have never had any problems with tight connections there though.

Does anyone know when then new Doha airport is opening? I was told by their London office that it was July ’11 but the NDIA website suggests 2012.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls