Does Michael O’Leary really hate everyone?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Free Lance
    Keymaster

Airpocket
    Participant

Surely, the question should now be “does everyone hate Michael O’ Leary”? :o)

1 user thanked author for this post.

DJ_London
    Participant

I don’t think anyone hates Michael O’Leary… I think people hate his Airline… What he has done is a good thing: he has made it possible for people to fly and see the world… The company and Michael to some extent are now focussed on money, money, money and how they can get more out of their passengers…! It will all end in tears one day…

Airpocket
    Participant

Fair point but there is an element of twattishnes about O’Leary. And, the prophecy – “it will all end in tears” – could also apply to BA.

DJ_London
    Participant

You also raise a good point about BA…

What BA needs to do is get their customer service and policies right to survive…

Lazy cabin crew, who are rude and arrogant coupled with stupid and out of date internal policies are driving customers away to other airlines such as Virgin Atlantic for Long-haul and BMI for short-haul,

When travelling with Virgin and BMI you know you get a consistent level of service, ticket flexibility, and above all else, a more farer and advantageous Frequent Flyer programme…

BA need to retire from the skies or make the right changes internally to keep their customers.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Getting of the original track here, but BMI having a better FFP than BA? Just search through the relatively recent forum archives for all the aggro about its call centre and miles bookings, and the uncertainty over its future value (or existence) anyway. Even if you do manage to redeem your miles you can hardly get anywhere with BMI unless you want / need to go to the middle east or Ekaterinburg or whatever it is. No westerly flights to US / Caribbean any more (and they were from Manchester anyway), effectively nothing round western Europe, and a domestic network matching the admittedly pathetic one of BA – alas poor MME, LBA, JER (ok we’ll count them as domestic), BFS we knew them well.

Still open to ideas of what to do with my 40000+ BMI miles, I’m just amazed they still exist though it wouldn’t really matter much anyway if they expired. Maybe I could use them to buy a drink on board, before the inevitable comes and I have to pay £4 / €4 for 187.5ml of wine on BA too.

DJ_London
    Participant

You could consider spending your BMI FFP miles with other airline partners via Star Alliance or with their Virgin Atlantic link-up. You could also spend them on hotels, too.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Yeah but that means going via the dreaded BMI call centre for partner Star Alliance flights, and for a while BMI’s website wouldn’t let you book hotel redemptions online either, this might be ok now.

As many contributors have said, BMI used to be a competitor of BA both on short haul route network, frequency and service all round – many of my colleagues proudly wore their Diamond Club baggage tag.

Need a new thread here – this is just more free publicity for Sir Michael! (what, didn’t you hear?…)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Does Michael O’Leary really hate everyone?’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls