Does *A have A and B members?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Senator
    Participant

RichHI1,

Correct, I assume many FFP have this. The difference with Miles & More is that it is used by more than Lufthansa. It is also the programme for Swiss, Austrian, LOT, Croatian to mention a few. The elite benefit is described is only applicable on Lufthansa.

The original poster is a SAS EB flyer, and I use the SAS availability chart to see if their flights are open when I want to fly on SAS using my M&M miles. I have also looked up availability on LX and LH for SK EB members which they then have redeemed.

My point is that I have not seen any A-class, B-Class on the general availability of Star redemption seats. My point is that First class in general will be somewhat limited due to the reduction of the total number of seats.

RichHI1
    Participant

100% agree

MartynSinclair
    Participant

In part and in my experience, it depends on how you go about seeking the reward tickets. On line always the worst.

With LH for example, I have tried London who have said “Nein” and then I phone the USA office (after the UK office has closed) and they say “with pleasure Sir and have a nice day”.

Same with BA, what EC refuse to do in the UK/Europe, the USA office will assist.

I am not saying this will happen all the time, but its worth a shot. The biggest joke is that on many occassions it is cheaper to call the USA sales office than a UK/European sales office.

With regards to each airline’s offering in F seats, I am sure that the Star agreement between airlines (although I have not had sight of the agreement) states that if the airlines dont have the seats in F to offer, so be it.

As we all know, Singapore, will not release any Suite class for rewards.

I dont think Star need to have A, B or C status/teams, each airline releases accordong to availability.

Senator
    Participant

Martyn,

Your point about US based call centres fits with my experience. The “Nein” or “Computer Says No” comes from the (in)ability to think outside the box… If someone enters LHR-BKK in the system, and nothing comes up, then it is “No”. I’ve had patient agents with me where we have broken down segments by segments and fixed it within 20min. However, it does require some research on my behalf playing around with different tools like Continental.com or ExpertFlyer.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Senator – this raises another interseting point, that its not just about airline to airline, its also about the skill of the agent in being able to search and identify availability.

I do get anxious when I hear those mysterious words “oh, the system wont let me book that seat” or “the system wont release that seat”.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls