Do you think that frequent travel is bad for your health?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

PerthWA, seeing as how you travel so much, I think you need to convince your company to at least allow you Business Class travel. This will be a lot more comfortable for you and if fares are chosen wisely need not cost a fortune.

Globalti
    Participant

I don’t travel as frequently as some on here; only four or five trips a year but I’m a fit and slim 60 year old road cyclist and I do find that on returning home after a 2-week trip I’ve gained weight and the tone has gone from my leg muscles as well as my arms and shoulders. It doesn’t take long for it to return though. The break in routine also means the, er, bathroom routine gets messed up but a couple of pints of Theakston’s Old Peculier usually get things moving again. I do find trips an increasing wrench from my family and home routine including from regular exercise so I can’t wait to take early retirement in a couple of years, when cycling, walking, climbing and skiing will be back on the agenda and I plan to take up coastal rowing.

No Name
    Participant

Frequent travel can be bad for your health. On average, frequent travellers have a higher BMI, blood pressure, blood cholesterol, sugar and lipids are higher. They are more susceptible to Type 2 diabetes, cancer and heart disease. Frequent traveller is defined as one who travels more than 6 times a year. Certain factors contribute, sleep deficit, poorer diet, less exercise, but also more fatigue, stress and ‘cabin’ environment.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls