Do They Think It’s All Over? BA Shares Soar 25% in Past Month

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

And now at 253p up another 40p/about 20% since I last updated this thread, demonstrating the City’s support for Willie Walsh and the fundamental health of the BA brand and business.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Back up to 254p having weathered the stormy strike, and lots of upside!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11478952

Had you purchased at £1.62 when I started this thread in August 2009, you would be sitting on a profit of almost 96p per share, or a 60% increase.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Almost nudging 300p this afternoon; back to 2006 levels:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=BAY.L&t=1y

travelworld
    Participant

I owe some thanks to VK for reminding me to buy BA shares in time for the 2011 shareholder discount “record date” since when I have earned a small profit. In return for that, my general investment advice to him is just to find out what I am doing and do precisely the opposite…

VintageKrug
    Participant

Glad to have helped out!

The shares closed today, for the final time, having almost doubled in value over the past two years:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=BAY.L&t=2y

batraveller2
    Participant

Just think how much they will go up when WW leaves BA / Iberia for good and the airline goes back to normal operations with no strike threat. I appreciate that he has worked in turbulent times but he will destroy BA (luckily at the moment there are still enough old BA to support the usual outstanding service (excluding mixed fleet!). Had a great UK domestic flight last night who were so friendly and again felt they would lose their jobs in time which is a disgrace after their experience. The more horror stories I hear about mixed fleet are shocking – I think easyjet will win! I think BA are on a slippery slope (though guess they will seem good in comparison to the even worse Iberia). It is very sad to watch BA go downhill so rapidly and experienced crew to disappear! I think BA needs a new game plan to lure customers!

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Does anyone know what will happen to those of us who hold the required amount of BA shares to be entilted to the BA shareholder discount with the merger?

Will the shareholders discount be offered on BA/IB flights – or just BA?

Thanks

batraveller2
    Participant

Why would you want to travel on Iberia – see earlier topic as to how bad the service is (possibly what WW is aiming for BA to reach, though luckily proper crew wont let this happen!)

VintageKrug
    Participant

Willie Walsh doubles the share price over the past two years and leaves for his promotion to IAG with the airline addressing the unsustainably high cost base in a way his predecessors fudged.

The shareholder discount will continue in the same way once you have IAG shares, although currently only valid for BA metal flights.

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Thanks batraveller2,

I have to travel on IB on some flights – only because BA dont operate to the Spanish Islands

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

Thanks VintageKrug

Do those of us who have BA shares have to do anything to change them to IAG ones?

openfly
    Participant

batraveller2

How many times have you experienced IB service recently?

I use IB business plus at least once a month on long haul flights. I also use BA J and F.

My personal experience is that IB service is infinitely better than BA in all respects. On time, smiling elegant crew, excellent choices of food and wine beautifully served, bags always arrive on the same flight. They are in a good position to show BA how to do it properly and retain premium passengers…just like the old days, before BA slipped out of the ratings.

Binman62
    Participant

Down to £2.57 in less than 3 weeks from £3.06. Can’t be all to do with the price of oil?

Potakas
    Participant

Has to do also with the future strike but still i think this should be better.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Eastbourneguy, if you don’t know already, you’ll find you have to do nothing. If your shares are held in paper form, you’ll receive a new share certificate in the post. If they are in electronic form, your broker will handle this for you automatically.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls