Do not drop your trousers in the USA

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

Dress Codes are an interesting topic.
    I am reminded that BA tried to stop a member of staff from wearing a crucifix as inappropriate dress code.
    If I think of the dress code on Hawaiian, anyone in a business suit is seen as going to court, either as an attorney, a litigant or a defendant.
    In this age of ever increasing casualness, is there such a thing as a dress code any more?
    Perhaps airlines wishing to impose their standards and norms on customers should print their boarding passes as formall invitations are with dress code? MSP-ATL Seat 24C Black Tie – then they can rent Jackets and Ties to passengers and make more money….

Charles-P
    Participant

I have some pictures somewhere of the early days at Croydon airport. For the longer flights it was not unknown for people to change for dinner and if the aircraft was in the air on November 11 at 11am it was common for silence to be observed and for passengers to stand.

By Grandfather who flew from our property in Rhodesia to London talked about not speaking with a man who was next to him for the entire flight as they, “had not been introduced”.

Charles-P
    Participant

For a time when flying and Heathrow was somewhat more glamorous…..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvT0XA9Rrvc

RichHI1
    Participant

A bygone era. I have a DVD of the opening of Disnyeland in 1955 and we have all the Southern Californians wearing suits or jackets and ties.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls