Do I need a transit visa?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

sarvesh
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Sorry for bugging you with travel queries this time.

I am planning to fly Montreal from 9th Nov – 23th Nov on a backpack trip.

I am checking tickets with AA and BA at this moment and found AA has pretty good deals. However, layover in JFK is 5 hrs. Do I need a US transit visa? Also, on return leg I am thinking of going one day visa to London. Do I need UK visa as well? I hold India passport though.

Cheers.
    Sarvesh

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Sarvesh

I don’t know, but the following site may be useful

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

In short if you hold an Indian passport you would need a Visa to transit in the States, so I’d avoid this if at all possible.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

TWOV (Transit Without Visa) is not available in the U.S, You will need a U.S. visa. You must also collect your baggage from the incoming flight and re-checkin for the onward flight. .

Sarvesh

Thanks for bringing up this subject as I am very interested in it.

I have 2 EU passports (although I lost one a few years ago). Do I require a transit visa for the following countries?

Russia
    China
    KSA
    India
    Ghana
    Nigeria
    Guinea-Bissau

sarvesh
    Participant

alexpo1 – Which passport do you have currently? with regards to your lost passport you can report it as lost and get a new one.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi sarvesh…..

I would avoid transiting the US…..far too much hassle.

I would also be very careful about you’re transit through London.

Last time I was in Vancouver I was chatting to an Indian passport holder that held Canadian residency….On his return from Delhi to YVR via LHR the UKBA immigration jobs worth refused entry because they didn’t believe he was just wanting to sight see for the day !!

He spent the whole day in T% until his BA flight left for his Canadian home…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls