Disgusting experience with Avianca and Lifemiles

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AleRomUY
    Participant

Hello friends, long time I have not been here but today I wanted to share with you my disgusting experience with CS of Avianca and Lifemiles.
    Around end of March and beginning of April, I had to cancel 7 (seven) tickets that I had purchased with Lifemiles (3 for JKT-SIN on SQ Biz Class; 2 for JKT-IAH on BR Biz Class and 2 for ORD-JKT on BR Biz class). Of course I cancelled due to the pandemics. The SQ tickets were to fly in April and the BR ones were for June.
    The miles were promptly refunded to my miles account (where I have more than half million miles, FYI).
    But the taxes HAVE NOT been refunded yet.
    Initially they said that it would take 3 months, then they extended to 5 months and now, for the tickets on SQ, it has already been 6 months since the cancellation of them, and for the ones on BR, it is being already 5 months in these days.
    I have contacted by email and phone 3 million times the people of Lifemiles and they keep on saying bulls..t, and not giving me a positive answer and final solution. They keep on repeating the same thing of the 5 months and to keep waiting.
    I have also spoken with AV Customer Service itself and also completely useless.
    I’m extremely disappointed and upset and I want the money from the taxes back!!! Because I have to get it, I will not leave it as a gift for this people.
    Any thoughts guys?
    FYI also, I’m OneWorld Emerald and Sky Team Elite Plus member, no status on Star Alliance but as said, a bunch of miles in AV’s Lifemiles.

first_class_please
    Participant

Raise a dispute with your credit card provider. They will normally credit your account immediately and take up the issue with the airline for you.

anyonebutba
    Participant

Raise a dispute with your credit card provider. They will normally credit your account immediately and take up the issue with the airline for you.

the chargeback scheme with the credit card provider is normally around 90 days, after which they cannot do a chargeback. of course every credit card is different!

Slayeronwings
    Participant

Mate dont waste your time! Do a chargeback on all your payments and you’re done! I also got my miles back not a problem but the cash part will never be refunded, why? The Airline has little or no money. Good luck

AleRomUY
    Participant

Mate dont waste your time! Do a chargeback on all your payments and you’re done! I also got my miles back not a problem but the cash part will never be refunded, why? The Airline has little or no money. Good luck

Yeah mate, you are right!
    They keep on sending me emails giving all kinds of excuses, I guess they are running out of them right now.
    Thanks guys. Cheers, Alejandro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls