Disgusting experience with Avianca and Lifemiles

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AleRomUY
    Participant

Hello friends, long time I have not been here but today I wanted to share with you my disgusting experience with CS of Avianca and Lifemiles.
    Around end of March and beginning of April, I had to cancel 7 (seven) tickets that I had purchased with Lifemiles (3 for JKT-SIN on SQ Biz Class; 2 for JKT-IAH on BR Biz Class and 2 for ORD-JKT on BR Biz class). Of course I cancelled due to the pandemics. The SQ tickets were to fly in April and the BR ones were for June.
    The miles were promptly refunded to my miles account (where I have more than half million miles, FYI).
    But the taxes HAVE NOT been refunded yet.
    Initially they said that it would take 3 months, then they extended to 5 months and now, for the tickets on SQ, it has already been 6 months since the cancellation of them, and for the ones on BR, it is being already 5 months in these days.
    I have contacted by email and phone 3 million times the people of Lifemiles and they keep on saying bulls..t, and not giving me a positive answer and final solution. They keep on repeating the same thing of the 5 months and to keep waiting.
    I have also spoken with AV Customer Service itself and also completely useless.
    I’m extremely disappointed and upset and I want the money from the taxes back!!! Because I have to get it, I will not leave it as a gift for this people.
    Any thoughts guys?
    FYI also, I’m OneWorld Emerald and Sky Team Elite Plus member, no status on Star Alliance but as said, a bunch of miles in AV’s Lifemiles.

first_class_please
    Participant

Raise a dispute with your credit card provider. They will normally credit your account immediately and take up the issue with the airline for you.

anyonebutba
    Participant

[postquote quote=1011898][/postquote]

the chargeback scheme with the credit card provider is normally around 90 days, after which they cannot do a chargeback. of course every credit card is different!

Slayeronwings
    Participant

Mate dont waste your time! Do a chargeback on all your payments and you’re done! I also got my miles back not a problem but the cash part will never be refunded, why? The Airline has little or no money. Good luck

AleRomUY
    Participant

[postquote quote=1012240][/postquote]

Yeah mate, you are right!
    They keep on sending me emails giving all kinds of excuses, I guess they are running out of them right now.
    Thanks guys. Cheers, Alejandro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls