Discounted upgrades

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

I have made an Avios booking on a o/w BA longhaul flight. I was then offered to upgrade to WT+ for €194. If I accepted, would I be awarded Avios and TPs?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Yes you should be – my clients always have been.

Thanks Tim

I remember paying a discounted fee to upgrade to WT+ at check-in at LHR on a flight to Chicago, but no Avios or TPs were awarded.

I see there is 1 seat left with this special offer on this particular flight, so I should really decide ASAP especially as it is in August.

openfly
    Participant

Hi Alexpo1

If you buy a ticket, where any part of the fare is paid in Avios, and then pay a supplement to upgrade to the next class, you do NOT collect any TPs or Avios.

The only Avios you could get is if you pay the taxes etc and he upgrade fee with a BA Amex card. Hope this helps.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Alexpo

Apologies – I jad misread the first bit of your question and missed that it was originally an Avios booking – not a paid booking. In this case I don’t think you get Avios or Tier points for the upgrade.

Apologies there.

Tim

Thanks Tim and openfly 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls