Disappearing Avios and TPs on the new BA site

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Just went to Manage my Bookings because i’m off on the 17th. Finnair from London to Shanghai, via Helsinki.

Surprised to see that whereas previously the TPs for the trip were put at 440 (a decent enough reason for not flying directly, incidentally), they’d suddenly been knocked down to 300. Oh, and just 12,000-odd Avios. (Gold status, flying biz throughout, for those who want to try it on the BA calculator)

A call to the Executive Club resulted in a very perplexed lady putting the flights into the BA culculator herself, and coming up with the same figures I did.

Her advice – wait until I’ve flown and then see what I’ve been credited with. If I’ve been under-credited, raise the matter then. “We’ve been having some issues with the new site.”

Has anyone else been downgraded on their TPs and Avios for impending flights? If I were you, I’d check.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=757454]Just went to Manage my Bookings because i’m off on the 17th. Finnair from London to Shanghai, via Helsinki.

Surprised to see that whereas previously the TPs for the trip were put at 440 (a decent enough reason for not flying directly, incidentally), they’d suddenly been knocked down to 300. Oh, and just 12,000-odd Avios. (Gold status, flying biz throughout, for those who want to try it on the BA calculator)

A call to the Executive Club resulted in a very perplexed lady putting the flights into the BA culculator herself, and coming up with the same figures I did.

Her advice – wait until I’ve flown and then see what I’ve been credited with. If I’ve been under-credited, raise the matter then. “We’ve been having some issues with the new site.”
    Has anyone else been downgraded on their TPs and Avios for impending flights? If I were you, I’d check.
    [/quote]

Funnily enough, I looked at that very flight on Monday this week and was really surprised to see how many TP’s it gave you (440 as you say).

On reading your note, I looked at the BA calc again just now and get this;

Sorry, we can’t find any information for this route and airline combination. If you’re not sure of the route or airline for your journey, please search flight bookings.
    London (LHR) to Shanghai (PVG) on Finnair each-way
    Class Avios Tier Points
    – 0 0

PeterCoultas
    Participant

TiredOH: not quite clear if you can benefit but hope You have registered for the BA triple mile promotion….the lack of clarity is do you have to pre-register before booking or only before flying…?

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

PeterCoultas – indeed I did register, though after the booking was made, and as you say, it’s not clear whether it applies to previously made bookings.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Booked LHR-HKG-SIN-HKG-LGW yesterday on CX. Went to check today what the Avios would be, while the BA calculator will quote for LHR-HKG at 140 TP and miles, it will only tell me the LGW flight is 160 TP and 0 miles! Why? Incidentally, was very surprised to find excellent reward availability between HKG and SIN for March on CX.
    Anyone know when the new QF lounge is due to open in T3?
    Is lounge hopping really a bad way to pass the time bwt flights. Got 5 hours in HKG, was going to try for the full set of OW lounges. No? Was very happy with the CX price, cheapest I could find even with a QR and EY promotion. BA were not a contender on this occasion ex EU or otherwise.

YellowBelly
    Participant

Re the PeterCoultas response yesterday can anyone provide more details of the ‘BA triple miles promotion’?

YellowBelly
    Participant

Many thanks peter19. Not sure how I missed this but now registered

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls