Disappeared aircraft

Back to Forum

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Swissdiver 12 Sep 2013
at 21:25

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

Was wondering: a B767 that disappears from the statistics for a full month: Is it synonymous of Cardiff (i.e. refurbishment)?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Or AOG at an outstation?

Swissdiver
    Participant

For a month at peak season (August)? This would suggest there were a problem. I wouldn’t like to board that aircraft … And this is what I’ll do in a few hours…

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

AOG is usually symptomatic of a problem ;-), but I can’t immediately find any trace of this being the case or of a 767 out of the fleet for the whole of August.

Which reg was it?

Swissdiver
    Participant

B check is the answer… Interestingly we are now stuck in the ground because of a … technical failure!
    G-BNWO

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

D-check?

When I owned a light aircraft, I’d do the first flight after maintenance with some trepidation and increased alertness 😉

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

I love the exchange – but I understand about 10% of it! Any chance you could enlighten me on AOG, B-check, D-check, Cardiff …

Many thanks

BA744fan
    Participant

Direct from http://www.basource.com – 11/09/13 – British Airways Boeing 767-336ER G-BNWO, which has been under maintenance at London Heathrow since 4th August, returned to service this evening operating BA133 London Heathrow – Jeddah.

Routine maintenance.

CS +1

I know where Cardiff and Jeddah are. As for the rest, well the mind boggles 🙂

Swissdiver
    Participant

Cedric,
    🙂
    – AOG: Aircraft On Ground
    – Checks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_maintenance_checks
    – Cardiff is BA’s maintenance centre

Swissdiver
    Participant

FDoS,
    Bottom line: 5 hours delay…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls