Dirty Gloves into toiletries check

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Pierre
    Participant

I flew out of CDG 2D last week, and was caught at the security check because of the soap I was carrying.(regular case) It size/appearance on the screen was obviously strange and required the security staff to have more than an eye..

The young lady asked me to open my case, which I did, and I asked her what was she looking for.

She said that ‘she had to check’, shouted something to a colleague about my suitcase. She took the toiletries kit and was quite opening it. I warned her that toothbrushes being inside I would show her whatever she was looking for, but did not want her to touch my toothbrushes with her dirty (disgustingly greasy) gloves. She argued that she was wearing gloves, I added these gloves were shamefully dirty and that I would not let her touch my items with greasy/dirty hands.

She called her boss. I explained the same to that man, explaining my refusal to have dirty hands ‘checking’ my clothes/toilet kit. I showed him wires, soap, and so on. The matter was closed.

When the security staff asks me to open my case, I do open it, but do not let them putting a mess in my clean case, obviously, they never touch any item related to hygiene, and if they do, I leave it to them.

It happens on a regular basis, as soon as I carry something ‘unusual’.
    In all airports, it is the same, they think they can put their dirty hands into people’s private things. In India, it happened that they called a guy with a gun to follow the procedure. In Germany, they think they can do whatever they want (and an unfriendly way..).

When they take the computer to verify traces of drugs, they think they are about to catch a big fish.

The security checking were sub sub contracted in all airports. The training is pretty poor, education none. On top of long queues, average/poor boarding conditions, the passenger must face idiot staff with arrogant and stupid behaviour.

For those thinking that travelling is a bed of roses.. the dream may turn sour.

tiggerbrown
    Participant

Astounding array of sweeping assumptions. How you make me laugh.

Pierre
    Participant

Hi Tiggerbrown,

Fine with me if it makes you laugh.

It is true anyway that the staff’s behaviour at the security checks (any airport) is usually poor.

If you have a shortlist of airports where the staff greets you in your mother tongue, wearing single use gloves to check your luggage and so on, please update me with..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls