Direct Aisle Access

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

• AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

FormerlyDoS – 17/05/2013 07:17 GMT
    Let’s apply a football analogy for Gooner.

Even though I hate football, I think I followed the analogy – well done!

And glad you reconsidered your decision….

TGI!
    AOTG.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Like your thinking FormerlyDoS!

And I think it sums up your perspective on BA well. Good but no longer the best. In your opinion.

But It takes more than being good on one factor to be a top 4 global club of course.

You have to look at support base, reach, profitability, stadium, philosophy, ownership not just one years’ league position. It is the combination of these factors that make a great club, not just a fad, flash-in-the-pan or plaything of the rich.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“And glad you reconsidered your decision….”

I haven’t actually, I asked BT four times to delete my account, but they have not as yet.

Might keep posting occasionally, if they don’t, but BT is not going to be a main focus for me, for various reasons.

Good weekend, everyone.

SimonS1
    Participant

Yes a good analogy I must say.

So for example on stadium, the comparison is Heathrow (hemmed in with no space to expand and limited hours) against say Amsterdam or Dubai World Central with plenty of space and 24 hour operation.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

GoonerLondon – 16/05/2013 19:15 GMT

Great points!

Your Singapore Airlines reference was spot on. Sure they have 4 across where BA have 8 but the seat pitch and design is such that for someone who is 6’4 like me, it gets quite uncomfortable when in bed form. Width doesn’t compensate for the fact my feet need to fit into a cocoon the size of kitchen bread bin. Nor do I sleep in the Z position as this seat presumes I do.

Therefore, all seats have their pros and cons. Sure the CX/AA seat looks very impressive indeed but I find the privacy of the CW seat very attractive.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

The CW seat isn’t particularly private, especially in the middle pair! Even in the other seats, though, you get to eyeball your neighbour during take-off and landing with the divider down. Every time anything is served to someone in the non-aisle seat, the divider drops and you are either (a) disturbed by things being passed to your neighbour if you are in the aisle seat or (b) very aware of the fact that your neighbour is being disturbed if you are in the non-aisle seat – and in both cases, you are eyeballing you rneighbour again. I hate it.

The new CX seat is angled slightly away from the aisle, and there is a good-sized wrap-around headboard – plenty of privacy. The seats move forward or backward about a foot – so if you want to speak to your neighbour, use the centre pair and slide your seats forward. When slid back, the centre panel provides adequate privacy, and if you leave the mini-cupboard door open it acts as an additional privacy screen.

canucklad
    Participant

You’ve hit it spot on Ian……

Does the window seat in the 747 CW count as direct access…..

It’s certainly not for the Cabin Crew, especially during meal service!

To me it felt like being in a cell…..divider up-divider down-up-down-up-down…..especially with the aisle seat chap doing a reasonable impersonation of Colonel Klink!

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls