Diamond status by APEX Health Safety powered by SimpliFlying

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• toptraveller
    Participant

I absolutely advocate a “standard” to measure Covid health and safety for airlines. When I saw two airlines announce today on Linkedin they have been awarded “Diamond” status I wanted to know more.

When I followed the link for airlines to “self certify” it showed a number of options to select after each question, once complete it is then submitted by the airline representative.

What happens after the submission is not clear enough for me. Is the airline audited to ensure accuracy? What does that audit entail? My concern is what stops an airline intentionally or unintentionally answering this questionnaire incorrectly in certain areas. The fact this is “awarded” leads the reader to believe that a thorough check has been completed.

Interested to know thoughts and if I’m the only one who is skeptical about it…it appears a quick marketing ploy with no independent expertise behind it.

JonnyClark
    Participant

If you look at the coding to the survey page you can see what points are awarded to each answer. It doesn’t seem weighted correctly, and not sure their logic. Having a ‘brand name’ to an airline’s safety approach is awarded 20 points, as is having a 3rd party like Clorox behind the airline’s scheme. Yet ensuring passengers wear a mask is only 10 points. They need to give more transparency on this, otherwise it’s a standard like Skytrax, something that can’t be trusted by the public.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls