Delta to buy Virgin Atlantic?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

• MarcusUK
    Participant

New mail this eve from VS Club, re Delta partnership with FFP’s

“As one of our most valued Flying Club members, we want you to be the first to hear about the new earning and spending opportunities available to you as a result of our new partnership with Delta Air Lines.

This new partnership means you can enjoy our award winning service on Virgin Atlantic flights to New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Washington, Chicago and San Francisco and then travel onwards to 45 North American destinations with Delta – and earn miles every step of the way.

You’ll also be able to book direct flights from London Heathrow to Atlanta, Detroit and Minneapolis. Plus, you can look forward to more frequent flights from Heathrow to New York and Boston, giving you even more choice.

More routes, more miles…

As well as new destinations to inspire your next trip, you can earn Flying Club miles on all Delta flights across their entire network+. Better yet, you’ll earn additional bonuses depending on the cabin you fly, meaning you can reach rewards even faster.

Members rewards

For the first time with an airline partner, your Flying Club Silver membership will earn you 50% extra base flown miles on all Delta flights!

Plus, you’ll be able to spend your Flying Club miles on flights with Delta as well, opening up so many new and exciting worldwide destinations for you to explore.

Find out more about our rewarding partnership with Delta and where it could take you to next from 3 July, 2013*.

And don’t forget, booking direct with your Virgin Atlantic Black Credit Card Account will earn you 4 Flying Club miles for every £1 spent on your American Express® Credit Card or 2 miles for every £1 spent on your Visa Credit Card.

Two famous airlines travelling in the same direction.

The Flying Club team “

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Did I read something recently that the “great bearded one” flogged off his Virgin Media Empire to some septic company…or maybe not…

ImissConcorde
    Participant

TerryMcManus24 – Virgin Media, as of February this year, is now owned by a Group called Liberty. The “great bearded one” owns 3% of the company!!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Wonder what he will do with all that moolah..buy another island….New Zealand maybe?

MarcusUK
    Participant

But all of this tweeking of the VS earnrings capabilitities, bonuses, is a little after the horse has bolted in my view.

Unhappiness of the VS travel experience, and the shedding of customers began with issues as lower earning capabilities, the upping by 20% of the spending needed on some routes rather sneakily phased in lost much respect, and on this basis, i allowed my Gold care to lapse in favour of the consistency offered by other Airlines programs, knowing that VS would fall in with another Skyteam member sooner or later, and begin a process of integration.

This is the common element of Virgin Companies, and quite predictable.

Too many gimmicks, not enough service consistency, and short term variations show little in an Airline’s confidence in its long term unique identity.

This i think has been fairly reflected in many threads on BT over a long period if time, with the validity of subjects to common to ignore.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls