Delta B767-400ER Transatlantic Economy Comfort

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

jamescusens18
    Participant

Flew LHR-ATL-MCO-ATL-MCO. We had no issues once again and a great flight. We now purchase EC every time we fly due to extra legroom, early boarding and the extra attention we get from the aircrew. The seats are perfect for a long-haul flight. Entertainment is amazing as always, lots of movies to choose from, including new releases and older films. Music choice is good and a few good games to play. Food is your normal airline food but throughout the flight you are given food and drink continuously (unlike some other airlines so I’ve heard).

BobSchwartz
    Participant

Hi James,

You must love flying back and forth to Orlando. Did you ever make it back to London?

Please forgive me if I am out of line, but this review sounds like it was written by a PR firm. Premium Economy is never ‘perfect’ for a long-haul flight and Delta’s entertainment is not ‘amazing’.

The adjectives, syntax and opinions (‘great flight’ and the parenthetical dig at other airlines) all sound canned.

I apologise unreserved if I am off the mark, but this just smells bad.

Bob

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Sniff, sniff…

As smelly as a two day-old turd.

Papillion53
    Participant

TOH @16:01

Welcome back – you have been missed LOL!!!

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Well, I’ve been skiing, haven’t I? Had a nice week in Avoriaz in January, and a superb last week in Courchevel.

The first was a DIY trip, staying with a friend. Four BA flights to Geneva. The second was a last-minute package (told my friends I’d see them there, and took it down to the wire, waiting for a bargain, and managed to pick up a chalet week for half what I was quoted back in November), and a Thomson flight to Chambery.

Reminded me why I hate charter flights, but for an 80-minute hop, complaining is churlish. especially as I was given an extra legroom emergency exit seat (I thought they sold those for a premium these days?).

Vertrek
    Participant

James,

Sorry for the childish and disgusting behaviour of some of the posters, please know that not all of us here are like them, they are just sad little people who seek attention and think of themselves as “better than the rest”, while actually they are not. They actually realised it deep down and some of them come here to bully others. So, just ignore them. Sad that some people still can’t take things which contradict to their belief and can’t be happy for other. =)

But hey, welcome to the forum! Good to heal about your nice trip with Delta. I have never flown with DL EC, but I’ll sure do if I am flying long haul with them as I usually reserved KLM’s EC as well when I flew “Y” long haul. I do believe that the extra leg room and space provided by EC is indeed really nice, and given the right price, it is just as good as PE in some airlines. Regarding, “given food and drink continuously”, it has become the standard for KLM and DL, and sadly not many other airlines do that, perhaps that is why some posters here don’t believe you as their airline no longer do that to them, hehehe…. who is laughing now aye? =)

Vertrek

VintageKrug
    Participant

I cannot see what the objection to this review is; it would have been nice to have had a little more precision and detail to justify the comments, and it doesn’t read artificially to me.

Scatological commentary is never warranted.

Nonetheless, it’s good to see the return of TOH, hopefully refreshed from exertions on the slopes!

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Heh. Sometimes needed to make a point.

The review just doesn’t read ‘right’ to me at all – it reads very like a self-serving puff on TripAdvisor, actually. But it might be English isn’t the OP’s first language, in which case gracious apologies are offered.

Oh, exertions on the slopes? I have now been told three times, twice by ski instructors, that I have “a nice classic style”. “You mean I ski like your grandfather?” is met by knowing nods and grins.

BobSchwartz
    Participant

Sorry for the delayed reply. I live in Melbourne and am just getting going today.

I work closely with many retailers and have seen how canned reviews (both positive and negative) can affect the business and the people. I posted my initial comments because I felt that the review’s tone and sentence structure was both of a type that I have seen before from PR firms and was out of character to the vast majority of posts on this forum.

I suppose that my post was done to stimulate discussion throughout the forum community about the prevalence of false reviews. It was not my intention to cause harm or hurt.

I would be happy to discuss this online or offline with anyone, if s/he would like.

Cheers,
    Bob

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I think sometimes many of the regulars on here forget that, for the vast majority of people, economy is the norm for long-haul travel. Taken from that perspective, I can see that the added comfort provided by a product such as that described in the review could indeed be seen as “perfect” and the IFE “amazing”. It is many years since I have flown long-haul economy, so I am fairly confident my perspective would be pretty much the opposite, but that’s not the point, is it?

I make no judgment on the poster’s motives for posting. Let’s just look at the factual issues described in the review, though – extra legroom, early boarding, attentive service. If Delta have hired a PR firm to make the post, then they are promising and had better deliver. If it is a genuine review, then they are in fact delivering. Either way, there may be readers who value this information. Let’s not spoil it for them.,..

Bob

I can see your initial point, but I am not a Professor of Linguistics.

BobSchwartz
    Participant

Ian, you make a very good point about readers valuing information regardless of source. My issue (maybe personal pet peeve is a better way of putting it) is that I dislike being marketed to by a business in the guise of a personal post.

Alexpo1, I appreciate your comment. I didn’t mean to turn this into a linguistics issue, but I can see now how my comments could be construed as such. To use a line from The Castle, a great Australian movie, it was just the vibe.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

BobSchwartz – it still reads like a shill to me. It’ll be interesting to see if the OP reappears and manages to convince us it isn’t.

BobSchwartz
    Participant

TiredOldHack – Thanks for your comments. I, too, hope the OP reappears.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls