Delta B767-400ER Transatlantic Business Elite (business)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

MarthaGeorge1
    Participant

Skyteam lounge ¬– pleasant, spacious, plenty of seating and available work stations. A decent coffee & bar etc, nice hot & cold breakfast buffet, which got changed to lunch while I was there. But the Clarins spa wasn’t open for complimentary treatments, because the therapist was “on a course”, I was told.
    (A welcome touch on return journey was 1 hour at Yotel cabin in T4 to shower & freshen up before meetings in town).

Seating: I was in 7D – a neat staggered layout means you get window and aisle, with no-one beside you. The window seats (A & D) definitely like the best bet – of the D side, the odd numbers are slightly nicer as you’re by the window, with your side table between you and the aisle. Does go to full-flatbed, but the cubby hole for your feet is a little cramped. Lots of space of magazines, drinks, work stuff etc on the table beside me

Service: cabin staff very friendly, not as slick and efficient as other airlines. I was given champagne (after asking) before takeoff and my coat taken and hung-up. At one point during the flight I had to ring my call bell three times before anyone eventually came to see me. And a stewardess tipped someone’s drink all over me. Luckily most of it went on the blanket – she was extremely apologetic.

IFE: the on-demand system kept breaking down and had to be re-booted twice. Fairly good choice of movies, but sound was lousy – distracting crackling. I ended up watching ‘The Killing’ on my iPad.

Food and drink: Some good French wine, the salad was nice & fresh, everything reasonable but not exceptional. The hot breakfast bagel was a mistake, I should’ve had the granola.

Punctuality: I’ve given a high mark for this because, after the usual shambolic traffic jam taxiing round Heathrow for 45 minutes & taking off nearly 1 hour late, Delta made up for it & we landed nearly on time. Of course we lost it all again schlepping through the special hell of US customs/immigration at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta airport – but that’s not Delta’s fault!

Baggage: no big deal, but on the flight home (back at LHR), myself and a couple of colleagues’ bags with the big yellow business-class priority tags resplendent on them, were practically last on the carousel.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls