Delta B767-300ER (Version 1) Business Elite (business)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

I checked in at the old T1 in Madrid, no queue and a pleasant check in agent. I then went to the lounge which was ok but nothing spectacular. Very friendly staff at the gate and I boarded plane and was welcomed and directed towards my seat. I wasn’t offered a drink, unlike others, so asked for a glass of champagne! I was very disappointed in the seats. I had last flown long haul with DL 10 years ago and the seats looked exactly the same. They were like an old fashioned business seat from the late 90s. They were not lie flat at all and I would say they were more cradle type. I sat next to the boyfriend of one of the cabin crew and there seemed to be a lot of DL staff or friends of travelling in business.

Lunch was served and the starter of salmon was excellent. Soup was served along with the starter but was lukewarm, and the bread arrived after I had finished! The chicken was not so good and came with a sort of potato puree, with lumps – yuk! Ice cream was offered for dessert. Champagne and wine were free flowing for those who wanted it.

I don’t use the entertainment so decided to try and sleep. After a while I woke up and had taken unwell so slept for most of flight. I woke up briefly when the afternoon snack of Cheeseburger and chips was being served which didn’t help matters, but managed to sleep until 15 minutes before landing. One of the cabin crew noticed I was ill and asked if she could do anything. She arranged a wheelchair for me on arrival and stayed quite some time with me until the wheelchair arrived.

Overall it was not a bad flight. The seats desperately need updating but maybe Madrid is a low priority route as I am sure on the LHR route they have a fantastic business class. The food was ok and other pax seemed happy with the entertainment. The best thing is the service, the cabin crew were hard working, friendly, and always present in the cabin and I would like to thank the lady who took care of me.

I will fly Delta again but look forward to the new version of Business Elite.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls