Delta B737-800 Economy Comfort

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

michaelkelly
    Participant

Travelling from Las Vegas to JK is on average a 4.5 to 5 hour flight and as such I opted to purchase the “Economy Comfort” seat before I arrived at the airport. This was to give me the extra space and leg room that was advertised by Delta. We were airborne from Las Vegas at 8 minutes past midday and arrived into JFK at 425PM ( Las Vegas time) which was 725PM JFK and totally dark

Boarding was started in a very orderly and efficient manner, passengers with children or requiring assistance looked after first, I boarded shortly afterwards and being on early, had ample room for my small carry on bag. I had prebooked window seat 10F which was at the bulkhead and the first in Economy comfort. Delta provide 3 rows of “Economy Comfort” on their B737-800 aircraft, rows 10, 11 & 12.

As soon as I sat down I knew that this was going to be an uncomfotable experience. The first thing I found was that the bulkhead was so close to me that I was unable to stretch my legs. I am only 5’9″ . If I had been seated in a regular seat, I could easily have stretched my legs further under the seat in front of me.
    This was very uncomfortable and I experienced cramp in my leg at one stage

Because this seat was a bulkhead seat, the meal tray was in the arm rest, thus making the seat slightly narrower, of which I was aware of, my main issue with this, was that when I obtained a soda and pretzels on the flight, the fold-out tray was very narrow and did nor sit correctly on the oppoaing armrest, meaning I had to hold my plastic cup in my hand for the duration. This would not have been the case in a regular seat with a fold down tray

Next issue was with the inflight TV screen. The only screen I could look at was above the passenger sitting beside me and very slightly in front of him on the overhead panel. This was impossible to view as the angle meant I suffered from a stiff neck after about 5 minutes trying to strain up to lo at the screen, apart from which, the screen was very difficult to view as the angle I was looking at it meant the screen was almost black from my position.

To make matters worse, my seat would not recline no matter how much I tried to get it back. It would not move an inch. I reported this to a male Flight attendant.

On asking for a beer, I was curtly informed, that there would be a charge for the beer and that complimentary alcohol in economy comfort is only supplied to passengers on international flights

Overall I was most dissapointed with the “Economy Comfort” product offered by Delta. I know that if I had have saved my money, I would have had a more comfortable flight sitting in a normal economy seat.

To end on a positive note, sitting before the wing on a flight, generally means hearing less engine noise. For some rason, at night it makes it feel like you are gliding silently through the night sky. On our approach into JFK we flew over Manhattan and the New York skyline as viewed from an aircraft at night is a sight to behold

Would I book and pay for a Delta Economy Comfort seat again … only if its not at a bulhead on a Boeing 737-800

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls