Delta Airlines Business Class :(

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

tomm007
    Participant

Just back from trip with Delta Airlines from Prague via JFK to Las Vegas. I did not expect too much of a luxury, but what I experienced was a Business Class night mare to be ashamed of for such a big US Airline. Horrible old seats, not possible to sleep at all, miniature screens, very limited movie selection, no champagne !!!, horrible food selection (can not call it selection, as on all flights the prefered choice was not available). Grandma stewardesses.

Maybe I am a little spoiled since I more often travel to Asia with Emirates, Thai, Cathay Pacific, but there are worlds apart. Btw. we paid around 10.000 USD for 2 persons for that flight. Since we really enjoyed our time in Las Vegas and the rest of that beautiful country, let me know, is there any decent option of any other US Airline to make that trip?

Bucksnet
    Participant

Your best option from Prague to Vegas is BA via LHR.

I think JetBlue is 4 star, but they do not fly long haul.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Take SWISS to SFO or LH to LAX, SFO…then just a one hour connection flight. There Is no US carrier to my knowledge having a decent business class. I used United (OK, some time ago, to fly between TYO and NYC return, twice, in FIRST. What a shame for a huge load of money.

Some grandmas throw the plaes at you, force out a smile and order: ENJOY!

Nothing against Grandmas, some of LH’s best Purserettes and Stewardesses, e.g., were in their late fifties doing a great service in First. The attitude counts.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s a shame you didn’t enjoy Delta, especially for the price paid. Was this their latest iteration of their business class, or an older aircraft?

I’d recommend

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/club-world/public/en_gb

via London Heathrow; still a connecting flight, but timings are convenient with layovers between two and four hours, enough time for a shower, drink and complimentary massage treatment in the Elemis Spa.

There’s also no need to clear immigration at JFK, which is rarely a pleasure.

Virgin only fly to Las Vegas from Gatwick’s older terminal, and importantly cannot offer a connecting flight to PRG.

The cost on BA is about CZK76,186 rtn per person including taxes or about $7500 for two people. There will be further discounts available during sale periods, and the best value is often if you book a flight and hotel package together.

http://www.ba.com/lasvegas

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“I’d recommend

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/club-world/public/en_gb

I wouldn’t, I’d go with Swiss, as suggested by millions of effing miles 😉 In a different league to BA.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The sort of league which involves three connecting flights, including one after immigration, rather than two and arriving off a longhaul flight to your final destination.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Yeah, but

1 – the food is excellent
    2 – the service is excellent
    3 – the aircraft will be clean
    4 – the crew will be highly professional and pleasant
    5 – there will be no risk of failing conformance and missing the flight during a potentially slow transfer through flight connections – Zurich is the best airport in Europe for this type of connection

However, for risk takers who enjoy the adrenaline surge of uncertainty, I can see how BA could work…. will my TV screen be held together with tape and require me to hold it in place, will the food be edible, will my diabetic meal give me hyperglycemia, will my shoe soles stick to the carpet…….

Biggless
    Participant

VintageKrug – I agree BA is a fairly good airline, but come on, be honest it is far from the best. My wife & I recently flew to Dubai in the new First and I was not that impressed. No canapes, which for me should be a must in First class, don’t think the new seats are that much better than the old and the food is “nice” but not exactly top gourmet. Also the boarding process with BA can be very hit and miss, in Dubai no preference was given to passengers in First. Frankly it was a bit of a push and shove! You have to admit the yanks have got boarding down to a tee – strictly by class and frequent flyer status and no one tries to push in. I have flown Delta a lot myself across the pond(sadly due to a company policy) and yes they can be very bad, but their new flat bed is quite good and mostly they have champagne. A few times I have had to check since the stewardesses don’t always know the difference between champagne and sparkling wine. They normally serve the sparking wine at boarding and they sometimes offer the same after take off if you ask for champagne. On pushing they will generally find the proper stuff. Maybe they actually think their sparkling stuff is better than champange !! Within OneWorld, Cathay Pacific is a good head above BA.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls