Delays at immigration LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Gin&Tonic
    Participant

I lived in Hong Kong until recently and all I can say is look at the efficiency.
    No fast track at security, why would there be when enough personnel and equipment are deployed. I think my worst wait at Hkg security over the years would have been 5 minutes.

On arrival, E gates for residents and frequent visitors, yes sometimes the lines at immigration look long but they move fast for non-card holders. And I am sure there are many other similar examples in the world.

UK is third rate, I hate the exit and return process, my stomach churns at the thought of how long I will have to wait at any of our airports on departure or arrival. We just don’t get it in the UK, if we choose not to adopt ID cards etc for whatever reasons and stick with passport presentation then lets gear up for it. I honestly do not feel our borders are protected any better for it but that’s another subject.

I use Manchester mainly and after years of communication with the airport company over its facilities and processes you do not even receive any acknowledgement, I don’t see that they have a passenger’s consultation body to contribute via.

Folks it’s been the same for years and I have no doubt will not get any better, does that mean we should not continue to raise the points? No, complacency is already demonstrated in its best form by many of our airport operators and government departments and as a user and financial contributor in all aspects I want change and a voice to be heard.

canucklad
    Participant

G & T you’re spot on, I’ve don’t understand the need for an elitist queue when if done properly, like it is at CLK you’re through before you know it. Why can’t we learn from our formerly colony ?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls