Delay compensation

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Alex, I wondered about that too but could not find September flight times. After all, a 43 minute delay is commonplace into LHR and most other major airports in Europe.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Unfortunately I don’t have any paper timetables to hand. With electronic schedule info everything in the past is wiped out.

canucklad
    Participant

I’d guess that BA by wrongly, either through ignorance or worse, deception cited his Israeli residency as a reason for not compensating would suggest that BA know compensation is due !

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Had BA try to fob off a cancelled flight LHR to MAD with €200 when connection was to CCS so entitled to €600 as had to wait 2 days before next available flight. When pointed out they apologized and paid correct amount. As long as flight late valid for reason to claim under EU261 then they should pay relevant amount – normally BA are good at paying their dues on this. However if not then use refundme or the other one mentioned – but they’ll take a cut.

GregoryKohll
    Participant

Thanks for all the comments. BA may have to pay also under Israeli law. The original connection time would have been fine, and delays happen. I just feel that BA is not handling the case well.

canucklad
    Participant

Inexplicably or not, when you type in EU 261 into BA’s website search engine, it comes back with “ 0 results found” : )

theflyingnurse
    Participant

Good evening fellow travellers. I wondered if any of you have experience of a flight delay on a package holiday? I understand that pax can claim for certain delays on scheduled flights but I have no idea what the situation is for package holidays. I have googled but haven’t found any info. I am currently at LPA waiting for the delayed TOM 4141 to LGW. I purchased the holiday on my BA Amex card so will check their t’s and c’s. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

flyingtonight – 21/12/2015 16:47 GMT

EC261 covers charter flights, as well as scheduled flights.

theflyingnurse
    Participant

@ FDOS_UK, many thanks for that. Now at LGW after a 3hr 15min delay.

navnov11
    Participant

Hello,

I had purchased a Flight + hotel from ba.com (packaged holiday) this year.
    My flight to Punta Cana arrived late by over 5 hours. I registered an online compensation claim against BA (using their normal Contact Us online form). To my pleasant surprise, I received a confirmation that I would be receiving compensation for EUR 600 per person within 2 working days.. The agent also gave me a full explanation that the flight had returned late from Cancun and then it went Tech.
    The amount was credited in my bank account within a week of the complaint..

FDOS_UK
    Participant

flyingtonight – 21/12/2015 22:56 GMT

Your flight falls between 1500 and 3500kms.

How late was the aircraft in arriving at LGW, when the door was opened, on stand?

If it was over three hours and unless there were ‘extraordinary cirucmstances’, then it would seem the airline should pay you the equivalent of €400.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls