Definition of “a night”

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• JohnMcManus
    Participant

Anyone had experience of when one has to check-in to get credit for a stay with a hotel loyalty scheme? I was recently arriving in Rio at 6am after an overnight flight. As I wanted to use the room immediately I booked and paid for the previous night. A room was ready but Accor All refuse to credit me for that night and ignore my requests to know if their policy is that one must arrive before midnight or a certain time.

fqtvgla
    Participant

I’ve done similar elsewhere to ensure I could checkin to room very early. You’ve paid for the accommodation and have checked into the room way before the hotel’s regular checkin/checkout time. I’d say you should be credited for that stay otherwise they should refund you the night’s accommodation. They can’t have it both ways.

5 users thanked author for this post.

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

I’ve done a couple of times. But i learnt that you have to inform the hotel that you’ll be arriving at say 6a.m otherwise the first night might count as a no-show and whilst you’ll be charged for it, the room won’t count towards royalty.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Had a flight to Cairo last year with scheduled arrival approx 01.00, had a booking at Novotel Airport for that night. Did advise them of my expected arrival time and asked that they kept the room for me and not treat my ‘late’ arrival as a’no show’. No problems when I arrived and points credited as normal by ALL.

I was more concerned about having a bed for my arrival, didn’t really think about points at the time.

JohnMcManus
    Participant

I did sent an email in advance.

Inquisitive
    Participant

I have done this several times during my Singapore to several European cities where arriving in Europe cities arriving early morning. Each time booking agent clearly indicated to hold the room so it is not considered “no show” and I received points.

In this case as OP already sent email, Accor should credit the point. You may talk to higher authorities.

2 users thanked author for this post.

JohnMcManus
    Participant

After contacting Accor through Resolver, I have now been credited. No clarification about whether one has to a arrive before midnight – so I think they made that up to avoid correcting the initial mistake.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Cwyfan
    Participant

Does it make any difference if you use an app to check in in advance online?

workandtravel
    Participant

I’m glad you were eventually credited after pushing back – it does seem like they were mistaken originally if they couldn’t clearly define the policy. Using the app for advance check-in is a great idea.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls