Day before check-in at T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Could be that BA offer this service at LGW because Easyjet do ……
    Regardless of whether or not it’s available at LHR it does seem a sensible option to put into place.
    The more bags that are screened, placed into the correct bins earlier, surely means that it reduces the stresses of the infamous Heathrow morning rush hour.
    Sadly common sense and travel in the UK don’t seem to go hand in hand.

esselle
    Participant

Is it not in place at LHR because BA don’t want to offer the service, or because HAL have for some reason decreed that it cannot be offered ?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=878725]Is it not in place at LHR because BA don’t want to offer the service, or because HAL have for some reason decreed that it cannot be offered ?[/quote]

I reckon its an LGW driven initiative.

christopheL
    Participant

I hope that not to many French speaking people do fly BA from LGW as on the French version of ba.com you can read :
    “Si vous voyagez au départ de Londres Gatwick avant 15h15, vous devez vous enregistrer le jour précédent”
    which means :
    “If you are flying out of London Gatwick before 3:15 PM you need to check in the day before”

https://www.britishairways.com/fr-fr/information/checking-in-and-boarding/checking-in?clickpage=resp-information–checking-in-and-boarding–index&kmtag=c&ban=||DHC|1×1|CTA1|||||||||L2|||||||

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=878757]I hope that not to many French speaking people do fly BA from LGW as on the French version of ba.com you can read :

“Si vous voyagez au départ de Londres Gatwick avant 15h15, vous devez vous enregistrer le jour précédent”

which means :

“If you are flying out of London Gatwick before 3:15 PM you need to check in the day before”

https://www.britishairways.com/fr-fr/information/checking-in-and-boarding/checking-in?clickpage=resp-information–checking-in-and-boarding–index&kmtag=c&ban=||DHC|1×1|CTA1|||||||||L2|||||||[/quote]

Un coup de traduction formidable 😉

esselle
    Participant

Sur le pont, as Del Boy would say.

capetonianm
    Participant

Excellent!

See postings on newly opened thread entitled BA.com-edy.

You’d think they would have someone who can correctly translate between two major languages! That’s a schoolboy error ……. ah, I forgot, BA’s IT is run by schoolboys. La plume de ma tante and all that.

Uncledude
    Participant

Likely reason is the Hi-Tec Baggage system in place at T5 which is virtually 100% Automated and Containerised, and having to have somebody looking for overnight/early baggage, pulling it off and keeping it safe somewhere.

nevereconomy
    Participant

DavidSmith since everyone else seems to be operating in their own self-centred universe I will give you the straight scoop that BA does not offer this service from LHR so you will need to check in morning of travel. Enjoy your trip – have seen some nice reviews of BA Club Europe recently.

mkcol74
    Participant

I tweeted LHR to ask if any airlines offer this. They did not respond, which is unusual for them as they frequently respond to other random guff I tweet them.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls