Day before check-in at T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• DavidSmith2
    Participant

Evening all,

I have been static for the last 12 months with just the odd leisure trip. As a result my BA has dropped down to silver (and will drop to bronze next February).

But while I can, I am using a few air miles next month and flying business from LHR to Gran Canaria. My question is whether Club Europe/Silver card passengers can check in and drop bags at T5 the night before departure?

Would be a bonus if we can and an extra half hour in the hotel before our 8am flight.

Thanks for any advice.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I don’t believe that BA offers ‘twilight check in’ – you’d need to use a premium airline like easyJet for that.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

FDOS-UK, very droll

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=878444]FDOS-UK, very droll[/quote]

But also true – easyJet offers a twilight check in at LGW for flights departing before 0830 the next morning, BA does not, AFAIK.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

As does BA at Gatwick.

“If you have baggage to check in, take your bags to a Bag Drop desk. Early check-in is available at the airport from 16:00 to 22:00 for flights departing before 13:00 the following day.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=878463]As does BA at Gatwick.

“If you have baggage to check in, take your bags to a Bag Drop desk. Early check-in is available at the airport from 16:00 to 22:00 for flights departing before 13:00 the following day.”[/quote]

Ah, but BA don’t fly to Gran Canaria from Gatwick, do they? Whereas easyJet do. And BA doesn’t offer a day before check in at Heathrow, so whilst your post was factually accurate, in context it is of no value to the OP.

My original comment should have stated ‘from Heathrow’, for clarity.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I have used night before check in at Gatwick many times with BA and it was a real bonus.

I am guessing from comments that BA do not offer the same service at T5 though, even with a business ticket?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=878486]I am guessing from comments that BA do not offer the same service at T5 though, even with a business ticket?[/quote]

Apparently not.

I wonder if it is an airport driven initiative?

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Then why mention easyJet who do not fly from Heathrow?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=878528]Then why mention easyJet who do not fly from Heathrow?[/quote]

Because they fly direct to Gran Canaria, the OP’s destination, from London.

If Heathrow gets a 3rd runway and easyJet operates from there, apart from being a horrible shock to BA’s system, it will allow a like-for-like comparison.

SimonS1
    Participant

Maybe we could return to helping the OP with his question? References to Easyjet and Gatwick are both totally irrelevant.

To my knowledge the answer is it is unfortunately not possible.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=878552]Maybe we could return to helping the OP with his question?[/quote]

Oh do keep up SimonS1, the OP’s question was answered well up the thread.

openfly
    Participant

SimonS1 seems to get twitched when any comments are made about EasyJet….!

Ekond222
    Participant

[quote quote=878544]

Then why mention easyJet who do not fly from Heathrow?

Because they fly direct to Gran Canaria, the OP’s destination, from London.

If Heathrow gets a 3rd runway and easyJet operates from there, apart from being a horrible shock to BA’s system, it will allow a like-for-like comparison.[/quote]

…Maybe the OP can wait until the third runway is built…on a serious note, I don’t believe any of the 80+ airlines operating out of Heathrow offer this facility…therefore it could be an Airport operational restriction…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=878630]…Maybe the OP can wait until the third runway is built…on a serious note, I don’t believe any of the 80+ airlines operating out of Heathrow offer this facility…therefore it could be an Airport operational restriction…[/quote]

As I said in post ##878508 (with reference to LGW)

I wonder if it is an airport driven initiative?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls