CX New Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

Ian, that is an excellent question. However i am stunned that no forum member which is a shareholder has asked this at the IAG AGM. Also on a seperate note have you ever been/stayed at the Upper House hotel in Hong Kong? it is owned by SWIRE the CX parent company.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have eaten there two or three times, and it is excellent. I have taken a look at one of the rooms (funky) but never stayed there

BigDog.
    Participant

As mentioned above, if you are in London (City) between October 2-4th it is worth trying out the superb Cathay business class seat – you could also win a luxury holiday in Hong Kong.

Venue: The Roof Terrace 6th floor,
    One New Change, St Paul’s, London EC4M 9AF

“We look forward to unveiling our new, award-winning Business Class cabin on the rooftop of One New Change in London, and we invite you to join us!

Not only will you be able to experience our new Business Class seat for yourself, we are also giving you the chance to win a luxury holiday for two in Hong Kong, including two return Business Class tickets and a 3-night-stay at The Peninsula Hong Kong.

To enter, visit us on the rooftop of ONE NEW CHANGE between 2-4 October – entry forms and submission box will be available at the venue”

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_GB/whatonboard/newbusinessclass?cm_mmc=CXSPECIALS-GB-_-CXGEN-26SEP12-_-CXHP-LO-_-GS1360163

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Bump.. dont forget this is on.. anyone else going/been?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I was invited last night to the soiree, but couldn’t make it.

There’s another one this evening, but today is the last day for the general public to have a look, so potter along if you can!

Deleted_User
    Participant

I don’t think that BB potters along!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

VK I didnt think you flew CX or fly east so how did you get an invite ?

P.S. You out clubbing again? and on a school night too!…lol 😉

Deleted_User
    Participant

VK

As they say in Spain, ‘eres incombustible’.

Take that as a compliment.

Hasta luego

BigDog.
    Participant

Bit of a queue but as the weather was gorgeous, it was a great setting to handsomely show off the best business class seats in the world – which will be rolled out in all ex-LHR aircraft by spring 2013 (no doubt the aging BA New Club World seat roll out will still be shuffling piecemeal along for years – akin to new labour)

Even here the cabin crew were most attentive giving a helping hand with the gadgetry, ample nibbles and a great view of the shard.

Fingers crossed for the prize.

highspeed1
    Participant

Just thought I’d say that I concur with BigDog’s comments on the new CX business class seat. I also got across to the exhibition venue yesterday, the weather was gorgeous and the view of St Paul’s from the rooftop was stunning. I tried the seat and it is certainly the best business class product that I’ve come across. The word from the CX staff present was that the seat is being rolled out on the B777-300ER and Airbus A330-300 fleets. The latter especially for Australian rotations. I know which airline I’ll be travelling with when I go to Sydney next year! Having started this thread thanks again to everyone who has contributed.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

We reviewed the premium economy and the new business class on a recent trip to Hong Kong.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/cathay-pacific/cathay-pacific-business-class-b777-300er

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Had a very nice evening at the Marco Polo event at One New Change on Wednesday, lots of Laurent Perrier and sushi! The UK-based CX cabin crew demonstrated the seat with enthusiasm and the courtesy you would expect. The seat was comfortable and spacious but it’s the ability to move it forward and backwards to speak to (or avoid) your neighbour if you’re in the centre pair of seats that makes it unique; also a very well sized IFE screen.

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

CX’s new business class really is a great product, and they’re rolling it out on more and more flights to Sydney as well as Melbourne-Adelaide and Brisbane For my money it’s the best business class out there right now. Their premium economy is also very good. Hell, even the ‘new’ economy is a big improvement over the old fixed-shell product.

Over the past few months I’ve been doing a lot of Sydney-Hong Kong flying and have sampled all seats, started with economy due to company budget, then moved up to premium economy because economy was just a bit rough for the flight especially overnight, and on my last trip was upgraded to business class (CX must have seen my flight record suddenly going up).

It’s all really great product, there’s no getting around that!

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s a great product.

But it’s also only on one plane so far, so let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Another aircraft will have it fitted by November.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

But more chance of CX fitting it quicker than BA completing NF

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls