CX cadet pilots

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• LaWhore
    Participant

U.S pilot school suspends all solo flights for Cathay Pacific Airways cadets after alarming increase in incidents during training.

Phoenix, Arizona-based AeroGuard Flight Training Center has told all Cathay cadets that effective immediately all solo flights are grounded after damaged planes went unreported by the trainee aircrew.

The incidents were not minor — one wingtip collision with a fixed object, one bounced landing leading to a substantial prop strike on the runway and most recently, a complete runway excursion. While each situation was unique, in each case the concern was the same — required consultation did not occur and in two of the three instances, the students failed to properly report the damage.

cwoodward
    Participant

Who mentioned incompetence other than yourself La Whore ?
    These are kids – these things happen and you seem pleased to have rushed to judgement.
    Better perhaps to be a little more measured and see what the outcome is if of any consequence which I doubt

I actually crashed an aircraft while training and became a reasonable pilot.
    Our youngest boy is training at the moment thus I do have some interest in and knowledge of these matters.

2 users thanked author for this post.

cybertravller
    Participant

Training is where you would expect to see mistakes and iron them out. That is the point of training. I had the privilege of learning to fly, and as crew, I interacted a lot with the Pilots. The amount of things one has to keep an eye on and remember is incredible.

Once a mistake is made, it very rarely happens again. Considering the price these outfits charge, they should expect some damage and repairs and be able to take care of it. Which also begs the question, who signed them off to do solo flights in the first place?

cwoodward
    Participant

I read that any issues have been sorted and the Cathay trainees will be in the air again this week.
    A couple of the incidents though may have involved disciplinary issues re conduct and their contract terms with Cathay and if so I feel that they may be in serious trouble and possibly be let go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls