CX Arrival Lounge LHR ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

• HKGdirector
    Participant

BT – Can you contact Ivan Chiu of CX and ask him to respond please ?

Thank you for all your posts. CX is aware of your comments and is working on a new response. Watch this space.

ElinWong
    Participant

Dear All,

Allow me to clarify further – as I mentioned in my initial response there are two lounges we use in London Heathrow Airport – our oneworld partner American Airlines Arrivals Lounge which is for arriving passengers, and the CX First and Business Class Lounge which is located in the restricted area and is for departing passengers only. This is stated clearly on our website http://www.cathaypacific.com. Both lounges open in early hours to cater for the needs of passengers.

There may have been some confusion about the opening hours of the Cathay Pacific departure lounge as the opening hours had not been updated on our website. We have now done so.

As for the feedback on the facilities and services at American Airlines Arrivals Lounge, we will share the comments with our American Airlines partners.

Once again, many thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Elin

ivornomates
    Participant

hence the reason to fly BA, better seats and lounges and now by Gate 16 area in HKG you can use the new Qantas lounge as I did Sunday and then the aBA arrivals lounge which opens 4 30 am

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s odd that Cathay make you proactively request an Invitation to an Arrivals Lounge thousands of miles away while still checking in at HKG. If that really is the case, then the procedure needs to be changed.

AA accepts both BA and QF Boarding Passes (as well as its own exhausted pax who have had to endure a wedgy bed and geriatric cabin crew on their flight over) as proof of purchase and grants access based on that piece of paper. Can Elin Wong confirm that AA will accept CX Boarding Passes as proof of entry at its LHR AArrivals Lounge?

This would best be done by calling the AArrivals Lounge LHR Desk direct to eliminate any risk of policy vs. practice deficit.

CX might also ask AA to update its LHR AArrivals Lounge information I linked in an earlier post in this thread. It is not very clear whether other eligible classes flown on oneworld partners are permitted access, and what is required to grant access (invitation or simply a Boarding Pass). This could be easily fixed.

NTarrant
    Participant

The arrivals lounge is part of the package of First or Business and if there are restrictions to entry by the nature it is another airline facility, surely it is up to CX to advise its customers accordingly.

Either passengers are offered a pass on check-in or the cabin crew offer them before arrival. But why bother with a pass, surely the boarding pass would suffice. However there is a tendency for the small part of a pass to be retained in the Far East and the larger part returned to the passenger, the larger part does not show class of travel.

HKGdirector
    Participant

Can a CX representative confirm whether all F and J passengers to LHR are entitled automatically to use the AA Arrivals Lounge or is a specific invitation card required ?

BT – Can you help by asking CX’s Customer Service Director ?

VintageKrug
    Participant

BT could telephone the AAngel on the desk at the T3 AArrivals lounge.

I wonder if AAll the keyboAArds at AAmerican AAirlines AAre configured to double cAApitalise every “a”?

We contacted the two airlines and American Airlines has confirmed that:

“CX passengers on specific early morning flights travelling in First and Business Class do have access to the AA Arrivals Lounge in T3. It is part of a special arrangement with CX and entry should be possible via a boarding pass stating their class of travel.”

CathayLoyalist
    Participant

Until it was clarified there was no CX arrivals lounge I was going to say where is it as it must have been a closely guarded secret over the pasy years!.

Two points. If you pitch up at the AA arrivals lounge at LHR without an invitation and particularly if you are flying economy as I do, even with a 15 year Diamond track record you run the risk of not being let in even if you flash the Diamond Card. I was even asked for an invitation, which I didn’t get due to a system malfunction, last year having flown Business into LHR but having showed both boarding pass and Diamond Card was allowed in. It also depends on who is manning the deak someone who uses common sense or “Mr.Jobsworth”.

Secondly I live in Singapore and travel with CX via HKG to LHR. In the earlier days after the AA facility was made available you indeed had to ask.for the invitation. As CX at Changi know me quite well I dont have to ask and it appears on check now there is an on screen reminder to prompt the check in staff to ask.

As to standards I have found the AA lounge at LHR more than adequate. I have no problem foregoing a hot breakfast and prefer the more healthy ‘cold one’ anyway i.e. cereals, fruit, yoghurts. muffins etc.The showers are great , good tv news coverage, adequate papers and internet. At 5.00am in the morning having a bacon sausage aroma drifting across a ‘lounge’ is not that appetising.

HKGdirector
    Participant

BusinessTraveller – Many thanks for contacting the 2 carriers and clarifying the situation.

Travellator
    Participant

For Steve Fenton

What is the new lounge like in HKG ? is there a separate First ?. The old lounge was a disgrace.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Travellator
    Participant

Thanks Site Admin, wanted a more balanced opinion from more than one passenger not just a review – this is important cos very busy lounge at 10.00pm onwards !.

ElinWong
    Participant

Dear All – Sorry for being late in getting back, but I’ve been on business travel myself.

So to clear up the loose ends of the conversation on the London Heathrow Arrivals Lounge, CX passengers normally need to presnt a lounge invitation to get access to the AA Arrivals Lounge at LHR.

Having said that, AA staff do exercise flexibility and accommodate CX passengers without an invitation card who show a Diamond or Gold Marco Polo membership card together with his/her boarding pass indicating class of travel, ie. First or Business.
    Thanks. Elin.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls