Customer service – heads down, not up…..

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=910081] I am constantly surprised to see so many customer service facing people, heads down, checking social media. From check in to airport security, to boarding an aircraft to reaching an hotel and being served in the hotel restaurant – everyone is checking their mobiles [/quote]

I appreciate that it happens to you, Martyn, but to be honest it seems to happen very rarely to me. Maybe I’ve been lucky so far. What really annoys me is when people in a queue in front of me are on their phones, talking or texting, while they are being served. That is definitely and rudely [1] stopping the service person doing their job, and [2] slowing me down.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Referring to Capetonianm´s comment my wife almost certainly saved a woman´s life as she barrelled down Cairnhill Road head down in mobile and would have walked straight across Orchard Road against a red man crossing when my wife grabbed her arm and the response , well no thanks of course but a cursory “I am having bad day”. Stood still crossed when the green man appeared and continued head down looking at her phone. I make a point of standing in a persons way when they approach me head down on their mobile as a warning it could have been a busy road or a cliff edge. Result complete apathy, Sadly I doubt some fatalities will improve behaviour.

Cleancabinair
    Participant

HDG – Heads Down Generation!!

Stephbaker
    Participant

[quote quote=910081]Is it a case that employers are powerless to act.

I am constantly surprised to see so many customer service facing people, heads down, checking social media. From check in to airport security, to boarding an aircraft to reaching an hotel and being served in the hotel restaurant – everyone is checking their mobiles, rather than concentrating on the Customer experience. Added to this are the number of phones being charged at the employers expense.

Is it a case that phone checking is now an acceptable hourly function or are employers powerless to act? Or of course am I just being a grumpy old man???[/quote]

I guess the problem at the airport and travel would be the travel management done by the travel companies or certain airport management. You being angry is not wrong. I understand I have been through it so many times and that, too, during corporate travels. I think corporate travel management should be taking care of their customers. I mean, I do not think I am allowed to be using my phone during work for anything other than work related things. CTMs (Corporate Travel Management) play a very important role in travel and most corporate travel procurement for their customers. I have ended up complaining to the company for this. To be honest, this is an issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls