Current TSA standards 2016

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

On my last visit to USA, I was treated to different landside to airside standards from airport to airport and wondered if the TSA have changed their policy on security line protocols.

For example, at Philadelphia, passengers (a mix of international transfer having exited the customs hall & domestic USA passengers) were instructed, “Do not take of shoes, belts, liquids and lap tops remain in your case”. This was not a fast track or privilege line. Just accessing airside for domestic.

At JFK, Orlando it was the full monty, but in San Antonio it was the same as Philadelphia.

Does anyone know if there are TSA changes for mere ordinary, non special folk…. ??

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Hi Martin, not sure if it this – but when I travelled more with UA / had status with them I used to have TSA Pre-Clear stamped on my boarding pass which enabled me to access a different line (and different line from when there was a priority line for F / status pax). In this line you did not have to take off your shoes, take your laptop out etc. Was it a TSA pre clear line you were accessing in PHL?

Having just travelled with my youngish kids, they didn’t have to take shoes off when travelling through US airports.
    They also missed a pair of nail scissors Mrs O had left in one of the carry on bags. Just goes to shoe (sorry!) the level of security is only as good as the operative manning the machine.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Alan – the revised TSA checks at Philadelphia were NOT part of the “Pre Clear” scheme. The security line had a mix of locals joining to go airside as well as passengers coming directly out of the international arrival hall to go back airside.

I must say it was a very quick line and rather strange (but nice) to be yelled at by the TSA……”Keep your shoes on, Keep liquids in your bag, Keep belts on”.

Shows the USA now have the technology to speed up security…. I wonder when the UK will follow…. before or after Brexit!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls