Crowne Plaza – Gurgaon

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

julmops
    Participant

Going to Gurgaon for business at the end of October with quite a few colleagues for 5 weeks. We are staying in Crowne Plaza. Any review, good or bad, any tips ? Thanks !

JonathanM8
    Participant

I havent been there, but colleagues who have are quite positive. I normally stay in the Trident, although the Oberoi next door is pretty good (but expensive!). Take a look at Tripadvisor as quite a lot of reviews for Gurgaon are from business trips

feijitong
    Participant

I was the first guest to ever stay there and I have stayed a number of times. The issue I have is how they have handled the internet charges (a daily limit which is fairly low) and this has meant I have switched to the Westin. The Crowne Plaza is an excellent hotel overall but it is a high yielding property and it is hard to get a good rate.

Pierre
    Participant

Hi,

I was there twice, but am used to stay at the Trident (former Hilton).

When in this part of Delhi, the Trident is my favorite,

Enjoy your stay !

feijitong
    Participant

The Trident is excellent and has some good long stay rates. It has two problems: (1) traffic (the area in front of the Trident is a mess during rush hour so when you stay at the Trident you need to take more time to get in and out — it is a real pain), (2) small rooms.

Pierre
    Participant

You are right Feijitong,

The traffic in front is a mess as unfortunately in many Indian cities. (And Delhi Gurgaon is one of the major one!)

Not all the rooms are so small. I like the architecture of the whole building and the ‘spirit’ upon arrival, when entering the yard – the pond and the fire..-. The Crowne is ok, but more ‘standard’.

having to do any business in this part of the city, there is no need to go downtown losing time & temper in the traffic.

julmops
    Participant

Thanks all ! We’ve booked the Crowne as it’s convenient and closer to the office than Trident or Optus for example.
    We’ve got a pretty good deal as we have extended stays.
    They look to have decent rooms, a nice swimming pool and a few nice restaurants and bars … As we’ll be working UK hours, I wil be in the office from 2pm to 10.30pm anyways …

feijitong
    Participant

Swimming pool is excellent – the water is on the cold side sometimes. Restaurants/bars are similarly excellent. Really the only annoyance is the internet.

julmops
    Participant

Feijitong, the rate we have included airport transfers, breakfast daily and unlimited wifi … So it should be good …

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls