Cross Border Road travel in the EU

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Jimbo666
    Participant

I would like to know if the road borders between EU countries are open as normal and just let traffic pass freely, or are they stopping every car asking for passport checks and stamping non EU passports?

Alsacienne
    Participant

No controls at present on the land border between Neuf-Brisach (Alsace, France) and Breisach (Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany) at the time of my posting this.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

the info here may help

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/reintroduction-border-control_en

the answer is… it depends on the country and the relevant border.

Truflyer
    Participant

Are you able to specify which borders?

Sanran
    Participant

I’ve crossed by car Ch-Ita, Fra-Ita, Ch-Fra, Ch-Deu, Por-Esp. Not a single check ever.

2 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

These are uncertain times.

The situation regarding border crossings can change at any time.

So best if you were to at least specify to which crossings you refer.

Huit-Six
    Participant

Hi Jimbo666,

since august 2020 I’ve travelled quite a bit between France, Belgium and Germany and every single time I’ve crosses any of these borders, they were wide open as they usually are within the Schengen zone.

More recently (May-Jul 2021) I’ve crossed the borders between Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and Luxembourg in various different areas and directions without any stops, checks or what not.

Of course, your experience may vary and I think any justification that you are vaccinated (if this applies to you) would be useful just in case.

Don’t take it for granted; I’m just sharing my experience here.

Safe travels.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Business Traveller September / October 2021 cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls