Credit card advice/Best bonus signup options?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• onajetplane
    Participant

I am planning to make a large one off purchase and would ideally like to get the maximum rewards/points on a credit card. It isn’t going to be on an airline site so no double miles or anything. Approx £25k spend. Can be split into 2 or 3 transactions if necessary, albeit I am not necessarily looking to take out multiple cards (unless it is really worth it vis a vis effort/annual fee/opening and closing etc). I already have the BAEC Amex. But ideally want to take out a new card with a nice signup bonus, avail of it, but then little interest in keeping another card open. Any advice? Definite preference for rewards that can be used on travel… hotel/airline etc… Any advice welcome! Ideally just want to get a nice reward for such a spend. Thanks.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Read all the card reviews and advice on Head For Points! Should answer all you questions.

onajetplane
    Participant

Thanks SGJNI1961. Yes I am a regular reader of HeadsforPoints. Was simply reaching out to the BT forum in hope of slightly more impartial advice with no links to applications that clearly give rewards etc… probably naively hoping that someone had a great suggestion for a no-strings-attached bonus that aligned with my spend.

Raffles99
    Participant

You seem to have some confusion about how Head for Points works 🙂

We are the ONLY UK site to cover all travel credit cards irrespective of whether we get anything if you apply for them.

Here, for example, is the airline page on Totally Money:

https://www.totallymoney.com/credit-cards/rewards/

In the world of Totally Money there are only 5 travel rewards cards in the UK. I cover 21. Strange that. Perhaps they just accidentally missed out the other 16 – or not. Go Compare, Moneysupermarket etc also only show you products that pay them.

These are the top UK card bonuses by £ value: http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/12/14/top-uk-travel-credit-card-sign-up-deals-by-value/

These are the top cards for long-term spend bonuses: http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/01/17/what-are-the-best-credit-card-bonuses-for-long-term-spending-2/

These lists are purely factual and include all cards whether or not I get something if you apply for them. All of the other card pages on HFP work the same way.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

For the avoidance of doubt, Raffles99 owns Head for Points !

onajetplane
    Participant

@Raffles99 Thanks. No offence was intended. Will have a more comprehensive look at the site now. Thanks. And thanks @TomOtley.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls