Covid-19 travel Insurance

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1008269]As I understand it they will cover you if at the time you began your policy & arrived in the country it was exempt. If the FCO changes its status you are still covered within reason, probably for the original duration of the trip.[/quote]

That’s correct.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Ah, I’m heading for Spain, which is already non-exempt.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

You are looking for insurance to cover you for travel to destinations against FCO travel advise. No one will ever cover for this.

TheCount
    Participant

You haven’t read the thread! Of course they will, they always have. It’s just that in this case the FCO is advising “essential travel only” because of covid, not because of a general risk such as war or terrorism. Therefore it’s unfair to have to pay high-risk rates when covid could simply be made an exclusion or an add-on for an extra premium.

TheCount
    Participant

Simple Flying: Virgin Atlantic Now Offers Free COVID-19 Insurance For All Passengers.

Virgin Atlantic Now Offers Free COVID-19 Insurance For All Passengers

Lamb
    Participant

this artical by which maybe useful:

Coronavirus travel insurance: who will cover me?

I think its going to be very difficult to get coverage if the location is on the FCO list.

Check your companies travel insurance and if you are covered under this for personal travel and if the policy has been extended to include COVID-19 and the FCO issue.

E

handbag
    Participant

I have got insurance with Staysure that has and extension for covering against FCO advice. It cost me £62.53 for 2 of us for Annual Insurance – 15 month cover (12 + 3 free offer. It will not cover you for Covid, but definitely will against travelling against FCO advice. Took it out a couple of days ago. It is a new policy for them. If you go onto their site, as it is a new policy for them, it says it will cover you, but when I got my document, it wasn’t showing. I called up and they added it for £3.50 and sent me a new certificate. If you have a look and decide to buy, if you see were you recommended by a friend and you put Susan Dowds then you get a 20% discount. This does not cover you against Covid, but otherwise works as normally insurance. Cannot believe how cheap it was at under
    £32 each. I had done a lot of research and was by far the cheapest.

This will cover me to go to Spain, but you would need to check if it covers where you want to go. [postquote quote=1008328][/postquote]

ASK1945
    Participant

Handbag/Susan

That’s interesting information, which answers EL.Lamb’s point, and may be useful to some on the Forum. But doesn’t fit in with the title of this thread, which is about specifically Covid-19 insurance !!

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

If the FCO has advised against all but essential travel: Add our European FCO Travel Advice Extension to validate your cover. In that case the COVID-19 Cover will apply before you travel, but you will not be covered for COVID-19 or the reason behind the FCO travel advice whilst travelling.

Thanks, Handbag, but Safesure are not offering Covid cover if travelling to a destination against FCO advice – see above

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Thanks all for your contributions, much appreciated. We elected to go with Battleface (Hobson’s choice, really!). It’s a fairly basic policy but, crucially, it offers the all-important Covid cover we were seeking. We’ll be away for just over 5-weeks and it equates to approx £25 each per week, so not unreasonable.

Cheers!

alainboy56
    Participant

Forget UK insurers, and google Nomad Traveller insurance coverage.
    I have Safety Wing which is a Japanese Insurance sold however through a US broker.
    I omit coverage in USA/Canada and Russia, and this brings the premiums down.
    They also have a new policy covering covid-19 too.

1 user thanked author for this post.

RoyJones
    Participant

[quote quote=1008630]I have Safety Wing which is a Japanese Insurance sold however through a US broker.[/quote]

I wonder what their claims record is. If they don’t pay what redress do you have? Its not a UK policy so no FCA, its not a US company so how good is your Japanese? I may be defeatist but I would be concerned about the risk

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls