Covid-19 testing: your experiences

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

• AlanOrton1
    Participant

Likewise – I saw Martyn’s link (thank you), tried several times and could not get past the landing page.
    Ended up going with Randox.

maxgeorge
    Participant

expresstest.co.uk

I booked with them a couple of weeks ago.

Test on arrival @ LHR T3 forecourt.

Swift, efficient, reliable. £65 a pop.

Used for the day 0-2 arrival from Finland requirement on the Locator Form, and for a subsequent departure within 72 hours to the US.

Recommended.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sky News article about Express Medicals being removed from the Government approved list.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-major-testing-provider-being-investigated-by-watchdog-over-customer-complaints-12398533

The most worrying part of all , according to the sky news article, to be included on the Government list,

“Companies on the list must self-declare that they meet the government’s minimum standards for COVID-19 testing.”

It remains to be seen whether passengers who are in possession of the mandatory day 2 testing kits and more importantly codes for the passenger locator form, will still be able to use them.

I still believe the testing regime for travel is a total rip off and very confusing. Passengers are being given options to visit Dr’s and corporate testing centres for huge sums of money, being directed towards the ‘gold standard PCR’ test, when in some/most cases, there are more appropriate and far cheaper tests available.

2 users thanked author for this post.

FormerBA
    Participant

Chronomics – very mixed

Test to fly was brilliant and easy

Day 2 …. Meh! Wife got her result day 6 I am still waiting

maxgeorge
    Participant

Contradictory info re: test required for flights to the US.

CDC in Atlanta says a Lateral Flow test is sufficient.

Airline and other websites suggest a full PCR is required.

Given the lower cost and quicker results, the former would be much preferable, but would the check-in agent accept it?

EasternPedlar
    Participant

I’ve started using Collinson. Very attractive prices for fit to fly using the BA20OFF discount code, and a good choice of test centres. I booked their St Pancras centre for a TTR and am extremely happy with the speed of testing and results. I should be getting a FTF test done there later this month.

CBaker2
    Participant

I used “Testing for All” which was excellent in every way including costing under £50. Their website is https://www.testingforall.org/ It is a not for profit site and my day 2 test could not have been easier or better in any way. Other family and friends have also used this site and would recommend it. Not sure if it operates anywhere other than UK.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

For my latest trip I used Chronomics for the required “day 2” test. The cost from the BA website less £18. I was under the impression I needed to register and upload the results…. somewhere.

There was nothing in the box other than the test instructions, which needed a magnifying glass to read and a test kit, along the lines of the NHS ones of which I have an excess. I am ow giving test kits away to neighbours and friends who need them.

I am still baffled why there is still a need for so many choices and such large cost differences between all the tests for travellers.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

There is quite a good comparison site recommended by TLFL https://www.covid19-testing.org/day-2-antigen-test-providers

Before buying please read all of the provider’s instructions. I recently bought one for Mrs FF then discovered that she needs to book a slot to take the test under video link. She did not want that so I have booked a slightly more expensive true self test

Alsacienne
    Participant

I prebooked a ‘day 2’ antigen test with Collinson at the Stansted Walk In Centre in the arrivals section of the building (landside). As I was travelling extensively in the UK I decided to be tested on arrival – Day 0. Although I arrived early I was seen immediately, and the team were friendly, informative and professional. The actual test was painless and my testing professional – a gentleman connected with the HEMS service – could not have been nicer and more efficient. I received my results 30 mins later by phone … thankfully a negative. Compared to all the red tape required to enter the UK as a visitor at the moment this part of the procedure was a doddle. Well done Collinson.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls