Covid 19 Test Suppliers in the UK 2nd Day PCR Test

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I know this subject has been aired quite a bit but a number of you on this forum are more up to date than me. My wife is going to the UK on Fri 11 Oct , the first time in 19 months, and will need to book a 2nd day PCR test. Given the plethora of suppliers which supplier would be recommended as reliable and not a rip off. The test kit will need to be posted to her sisters address where she is staying. Thank you

brown1950
    Participant

Just come back from Portugal and can highly recommend Randox Health cost £43.00.
    Delivered to address in UK. Only thing to watch out for is to ensure you are near a Randox drop off point for returning completed test on day 2 (check Randox website)

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I used Randox this week when I returned yesterday. I applied 4 days before my return and simply googled “cheapest Day 2 test in UK”. Quite frankly, this may not be in the spirit of the day 2 test requirement but the most important piece of data needed is the code you get to put onto your UK arrival locator form. This arrives once you please the order. The test itself, I did it, posted it and couldn’t care less whether I get the result.

Interestingly there is a day 2 test available for £19, but bizarrely you can only collect the test in Warrington.

MS
    Participant

I’ve used Randox too for £43. I got my results next day at 7am. The only thing is that you can’t post it back, you have to drop it off somewhere.

Johnhighlander
    Participant

Will you need the PCR on the 11th Oct? I thought I read that it was changing from early to Lateral Flow Test. If so should be cheaper and easier to obtain.Also agree with Martyn’s comments!

Nogbad01
    Participant

contrary to the above, you CAN post the results back to Randox (they just dont recommend it).
    I just posted them back by Royal Mail Special Delivery for next day.
    Got the results back fine.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1112117]

From the ABTA website “From the end of October

, you will no longer need to take a PCR test on day two of your arrival in England or Scotland – instead you will need to take a lateral flow test (which is cheaper). If the lateral flow test is positive, you will need to isolate and take a confirmatory PCR test at no additional cost. The aim is for this to be in place when people return from their holidays this October half-term.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Thank you everyone I have all the information I need now. It is at the end of October when the lateral flow replaces the PCR test which is good news for me as I am going to the UK mid-November

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=1112149]

I certainly wouldn’t buy any tests until about 3 days before you arrive in the UK. The rules may change, and the test is a bit of a box ticking exercise as you just need a number to be able to board your flight to the UK.
    I have a UK bound on 21 October and will not buy a test until about 19th October.

3 users thanked author for this post.

FrequentlyFlying
    Participant

[postquote quote=1112130]

Our Post Office refused to handle the tests in their packages, pretty much asked me to leave the post office and put them in the post box stating they are not allowed to touch COVID tests
    The packaging has no free post or postage paid markings.

I stuck them in the post box, if they get to Randox then I’ll be amazed, that was Friday……………………………………..

This morning I got an email saying tests recieved by Randox at their lab!!!!!!

K1ngston
    Participant

Cant remember which one I used but googled a company and they posted the kit to my fathers place and I did the test and heard back by SMS and e-mail within the allotted time.

But on return to Singapore I had to do a PCR test 48 hours before, I googled a centre close to Watford and went along and had the test 10am Thursday morning. I was flying at 8pm Saturday. The cost of the test was £70 and after the test I was told that I would have the results guaranteed by 6pm on the Saturday which was not acceptable to me. They told me for an extra £50 I could guarantee the results on time I told them it was excessive bearing in mind I purposefully chose the 48 hour service!

Low and behold the results were emailed to me that night (Thursday) so be aware of organisations trying to rip you off

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls