Courtesy Car Tipping

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Can anyone tell me, if using the courtesy chauffeur service offered by Virgin etc, is it normal to tip the driver, and if so how much? Grateful for any advice.

theavidtraveller
    Participant

Last time I took the Emirates car I tipped GBP5.. which is 10% of what what a normal London journey would have cost. I don’t think he was expecting one though

MrPJBrangan
    Participant

I used to use Gulf Air’s Limo service till it stoped last August and all ways tiped UK pounds 10 each way on a 65 mile trip.

As a matter of interest Gulfs fares in J Class have gone up by about 15% this year and NO LIMO SERVICE.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Many thanks to you both for that. As a matter of interest, I have booked all inclusive (fare, taxes, tolls and tip) limo services from NY to JFK. Despite the tip being included, on arrival at JFK the drivers seemed to expect an extra tip.

In order to avoid the evil eye, on a subsequent booking I told them to deduct the tip ($15 off) and gave the driver $20. He was over the moon and told me that the customer is told it’s all inclusive but the limo firm never gives the tip to them.

AlexanderJ
    Participant

I always tip £5 GBP if the service has been good I.E newspaper not been pre-read, bottle of water and mints available and no boring chit chat! 😉

Only time I haven’t tipped is when the driver spent his whole time on the phone to his mates and asked me to pass him the last can of drink out of the fridge!

CaliforniaDreaming
    Participant

I typically give the chauffeur $20, €10 or £10 no matter that the trip has been paid in full inclusive of tip. This way, if i leave something in the car, I have a better chance of retrieving it. It’s really not much money, especially if you are traveling premium class, and it helps buoy the economy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘Courtesy Car Tipping’ is closed to new replies.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls