Continual sore throat after long hauls

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

I find when flying longhaul on the 777 I always feel worse than other aircraft types. I’m not sure if it’s the cabin humidity or what but I always have a sore throat after flying on it – especially on very long sectors. I don’t seem to have the same issue on the 787 or to a lesser extent 747.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Martyn – sorry I did not pick this up when you first posted, but I was in Seoul and run off my feet. I agree with the comment that it is mainly a humidity problem, and I find it worse on overnight flights, maybe because I am asleep with my mouth open. I also agree with LP that a simple water spray is a good prophylactic – I was interested to see that Korean distributed these in the business cabin after the meal and before dimming the lights. Even so, after the flight out I had a bit of a sore throat and a very congested nose.

I also agree with WM2010 that viruses are a problem. All argues for better humidified and better filtered air in the cabin.

Alcohol is good for many things – but mainly because of the effect on mood. I am in T4 this morning taking the central European preventive measure against odd infections creeping in … a tiny vodka before earing or drinking anything else.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

In Switzerland David, Kirsch works just as well and I recommend ordering a “caffe corretto”. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls