Continental Airlines Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

noraaghasedo
    Participant

I boarded Continental flight from Lagos on Monday Feb 27th with 3 minor children ages 2-8.

The flight was supposed to take off at 11.05pm but we did not take off until midnight. Due to this delay, the flight that was scheduled to arrive at 0525 did not arrive until 0625, and because to that, I missed my connecting flight which was scheduled for 0725 as i had to go through immigration, custom get the train and arrive at the gate for the connecting flight.

And this connecting flight was supposed to be through continental as well, from Houston to oklahoma city.

I arrived at the gate at 0720, by which time it was late. my children and I were placed on standby for the 0910 flight. At 0910, I was rudely informed by a Continental staff that the flight was full and I had to wait until 1250pm.

There was a total lack of empathy by the airline staff even though my children were tired after a 13hour flight and were standing there crying. All the lady did was to coldly offer me meal vouchers.

Although I later went to the customer service department and met a nicer airline staff who showed some concern and nicely gave me the meal vouchers, that still does not take away from the difficulty i encounter on that day.

I hope something will be done about this situation to prevent another mother going through a similar experience. thank you

juliebean2012
    Participant

That is unfortunate. I am wondering if the poor customer service increase I am hearing about is because of the poorer economy.

RichHI1
    Participant

Very unfortunate. AA have just implemented assstance forshort connections adn delays to get you through CBP to make connections. As a rule fo thumb I take 2 hours as a basic minimum for connections arriving into US on international and prefer 3 hours.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls